Long range wish list.

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Long range wish list.

Post by Baloogan »

Post your wishes for the next SR2010 game :)

Graphs! (My biggest wish) (You can't really play a game like this without graphs :( )
Unit orginization/formations!
General type units you can assign to these formations!
More robust multiplayer system.
In the campain mode if you build a military base or upgrade/make new facilities they should show up on the next map
Missile management improvements
Carrier management improvements
Custom units (eg an air unit made up of 4 F16s and 10 F14s) (Ties into carrier management) (Also for fleets, a unit which has a CV and a couple of DDGs) (8 squads of M-47 dragon ATs plus 40 squads of M2A3 bradlies, the M-47's wouldn't slow down the unit because they would be carried by the bradlies)
Submarine command improvements (Also make submarine combat more realistic)
Make fleet engangements more realistic (4-5 ticongerogas can intercept 200+ missiles easily over a period of 1-2 hours (they can't now))
Multiple weapons on a platform, with different ranges
An option to use NATO symbols for units instead of graphical icons (like the rectangel with an X though it for infantry instead of a bunch of guys)

post your own improvements :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Long range wish list.

Post by Balthagor »

Baloogan wrote:...An option to use NATO symbols for units instead of graphical icons ...
That one would be such an easy mod, I continue to be surprised no one has made it yet. All it requires is replacing the pictures on each unitbits page with the appropriate symbol.

I really don't see us doing this, we alreayd get a hard time in the reviews for graphics and that would be a set back. Really doesn't seem worth our time...
curious for more details on that one, we use gamespy arcade like many of the other games, it is just that no one is using it. What are you looking for here?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
red
General

Post by red »

Baloogan wrote:Graphs! (My biggest wish) (You can't really play a game like this without graphs :( )
I agree, and not only a graph or two but customizeable graphs and tie-ins to minister functions, such that the control freaks can define a 30-day rolling average of the price on a commodity and tell the minister "stop selling and email me if it drops below $X"
Baloogan wrote:Unit orginization/formations!
General type units you can assign to these formations!
Containers? :)
Baloogan wrote:More robust multiplayer system.
I hate Gamespy, but I think it's more than enough for who actually uses that spent dev time, which is almost no one.
Balthagor wrote:That one would be such an easy mod, I continue to be surprised no one has made it yet. All it requires is replacing the pictures on each unitbits page with the appropriate symbol.
There isn't an option to color symbols based on their region, is there? Nice but not necessary.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

red wrote:I hate Gamespy, but I think it's more than enough for who actually uses that spent dev time, which is almost no one.
That's an intersting comment :) George asked me at one point to float around the Civ4 online stuff and see how many ppl actually play multiplayer. I found there was a good number but it is always a question for our style of game; with such a long game time how many ppl will chose to play multiplayer? I don't think we would ever do away with it entirly but it is always hard to know how much of our dev time we should allocate to "extra MP options" (things like passworded lobbies, map transfer, etc.)
red wrote:There isn't an option to color symbols based on their region, is there? Nice but not necessary.
no, not possible currenlty. You do get the region color in the hud.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Baloogan wrote:
...An option to use NATO symbols for units instead of graphical icons ...

That one would be such an easy mod, I continue to be surprised no one has made it yet. All it requires is replacing the pictures on each unitbits page with the appropriate symbol.

I really don't see us doing this, we alreayd get a hard time in the reviews for graphics and that would be a set back. Really doesn't seem worth our time...

Quote:

curious for more details on that one, we use gamespy arcade like many of the other games, it is just that no one is using it. What are you looking for here?

Nato symbols would make it much more appealing to the grog community.
The grog community are much more likely to spend time & effort modding the bits that can be modded.

The best multiplayer experience I've had is with play by email. If the next version were to be truely turn based, say one week turns befitting a strategic scope, then pbem would be viable. Pbem is so mcuh more flexible to play with people half way around the world.

Return to “Wish List”