would like to haves

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Stuka
Corporal

would like to haves

Post by Stuka »

Description text for the military units

Much better AI diplomacy. At the moment the AI doesn't understand that it has a tennis racket and you have a machine gun. Weak regions should be much more reluctant to declare a war that they will lose in a matter of hours.

Split up the WM into regional markets, there is always someone out there willing to sell arms and give aid, if Western Europe hate you then you just might be the apple of Eastern Europes eye etc.

New series of commands to make overseas invasions easier to arrange, mass loading of troops onto transports etc.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

I think they should just remake SR2010 and release it as a country/civilization-simulation game.

This game and genre has so much potential, to bad only 10% of it is being used. SR2010 genre with proper guidance and a proper coding team could easily create a game wich could represent the start and future of civilization, a mix between the civilization series, strategy games and city-building series. It could compete with them if the proper features and coding were implemented, combine that with a large modding community and the SR2010 game could become a genre on itself. :D

It's sad that the initial 2 years of development of this game had gone to waste, if those 2 years had been fully utilised I wonder what would have come of it. I think at the moment that SR2010 is a good game but heavily patched on the sides, features that didn't make it, original plans that had to be cut and unncessary coding and uncoordinated programming.

But thats just me :D

[EDIT]
Since I'm typing anyway I thought how I would envision SR2010, or rather, how I would have set the priorities.

The game would start in 1945-48 (right after WW2 and the consequent democratic elections of the region) and end in 2050 (with moddibility allowing to go beyond 2050, using other maps to represent the solarsystem and beyond)
I would add a system similar to the supply model in the game to represent migration. I would add ethnicity and religion as factors to the game, this would make it really cool to play a nazi-germany in wich u'd have to eliminate all the people u don't like. It might be controversial but it's a fact of life and denying it isn't helping anyone.
Alot more diplomatic options, such as to form your own empire like Austria-Hungary prior to WW1 in which you control the regions but they are not directly yours, you lose out on regional control but you can set a tax on those regions to pay you. I would add the vassalage of regions. The creation of new regions due to civil war and a peaceful way to merge regions into one, or to form a confederacy or union or common market. I would add ''colonization'' and oh boy I would add so many little things untill I thought the game was perfect :D

Plz make another SR2010, go play other games and see what they lack, I recommend ''europa universalis II and III'' also the ''civilization series'' are great for inspiration :D
Last edited by The_Blind_One on Jul 03 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The_Blind_One wrote:...It's sad that the initial 2 years of development of this game had gone to waste...
That's simply not true. The initial years were needed to build the design and get the first version of the interface. We had to redesign the interface from scratch 4 times to get where we are now simply because, as you said, no one has done something like this with so much data. I do think we already have the proper coding team. Don't think that was meant as a slight but it doesn't sound right...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

I think they should just remake SR2010 and release it as a country-simulation game.

This game and genre has so much potential
I'd have to agree with that! when the time for a new game comes.
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

...I would like to also add a note of support for BG's direction from inception. I think they've done a great job of introducing a game with significant promise, and they have updated it with an unusual amount of user guidance.

I also agree that they have the potential to produce another truly fine game (or two), and so I think we need to be ready for the 'last' update to sr2010 and the 'first' update of whatever they do next.

Being a pragmatist - these folks need to earn a living too - I don't think they do this just for the hell of it: so let's hope that they've heard what we've had to say in this forum and incorporate it into their next product. Let's also hope they can avoid being gobbled up by a huge entertainment software company that will put an end to of this wonderful nonsense.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
nghtmre15
Major

Post by nghtmre15 »

I must say that I have a great deal of respect for the Battlegoat team. It is truly rare in today's gaming world to see a group so dedicated to a product that has been on the market this long. I feel that only Stardock sits in the same category, and even that is pushing it.

SR2010 has been out for a decent length of time, and yet BG continues to support it almost as if it were new. In addition, they listen to the requests of the community, and try to implement those suggestions that fit their vision for SR and add value to the game. That kind of dedication is remarkable, and BG will continue to have my support in the future (I only regret that I hadn't heard about SR earlier).

As a note to Balthagor, reading The_Blind_One's post, I came to the same conclusion the first time. However, upon re-reading it, I noticed the use of the word team. I'm reasonably certain that this was not a slight against George (who has done an absolutely incredible job with this project) or anyone else, but a mere suggestion to procure an additional coder or two. Even though one individual has done so much work on this game, it would be possible for multiple people to do much more overall, provided they were to work together closely.

I can't say that I entirely agree, but that's what I got out of it.
In a world without sound, dancing... falling... I was snow.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

You are right, I wasn't trying to say the development team lacked skill but looking at the credits it is fairly sure that the game has been produced with a lack of coders.

SR2010 can be an amazing game, what the devs have done so far is good, but I am wholey convinced that this genre has an enourmess potential. Maybe SR2010 was only the first step, I do hope that the current dev team is going to be the one to take that second step and create the best and biggest SR2010 in the future and rake in on all the profits. You deserve it though :D

I'm sick and tired of standardish games coming from EA games. In honesty, SR2010 graphics suck major bawls...but the gameplay makes up for that 5 fold. The graphics don't need to be any better (in my opinion) aslong as the game runs smooth and the gameplay is great.

I hope a future installment of SR2010 will be released, it just needs a couple more gameplay elements and it would wipe the floor clean with alot of game's :D
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

To bring this back to the thread topic... what things would you like to see specifically? I like how this post was started using specific requests. For example, what other orders would you like to see?

Return to “Wish List”