Missile Auto-build Parameters

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

felinis
Lt. Colonel

Missile Auto-build Parameters

Post by felinis »

Modify Missile control to allow the player to specify the attributes of auto-build missiles.

Currently, if you place your own missile orders into the missile manufacturing queue, you can use the center check-boxes to specify if they will be auto-deployed or pre-armed.

There is no way to specify these parameters for auto-built missiles.
If you select a manufacturing target model from the list, the check-box selections should bind to that model, and be effective during auto-building.

This is the only way to keep some auto-built missiles from auto-deplaying and firing when you don't want them to.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I see what you're saying, but that could be constantly changing. When a missile completes, the minister adds a new one to the queue. You could be adding a single missile to the queue at that time that you wanted autodeploying, continuous and launch authority. Suddenly the missile you're adding would have this attributes. Autobuilt missiles are done with their default settings. Perhaps some of our defaults are wrong.

I would also see this as a problem since I tell the autobuild to produce air launched unit killers and building killers. I want the unit killers to autodeploy (which they do by default) and the building killers not to (again, the default). By your design it would be all yes or all no...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
felinis
Lt. Colonel

Auto-build defaults

Post by felinis »

I don't know about missile auto-build using defaults - I don't see any set pattern to which auto-built missiles get auto-deployed and pre-armed and which do not. All I know is that I do not appear to have any control - some do and some do not.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The default setting is in the equipment file, I don't remember what the rule used was. The point was that your suggestion would have it's own problems. Do you have another suggestion or suggestions for the problems I mentioned? If you don't, not to worry, neither do we :)

... yet...

but we're working on it ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
felinis
Lt. Colonel

Post by felinis »

Great - keep up the good work.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

Post by felinis »

Put a extra check-buttons on Missile Control to allow the user to change the default Launch Authority and AutoDeploy attributes of each missile type pre-build.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

With the means to produce Cruise Missiles I would like to see an option to set priority of targets. I am not certain of the current target selection process, however in a recent SLCM strike I noticed that my missiles were attacking combat units and not necessarily any structures, bridges, etc i.e. airbase in order to force the enemy to relocate its aircraft.
felinis
Lt. Colonel

Post by felinis »

You do this by setting the Rules of Engagment (ROE) of the launching units. De-select units and select fortifications.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, while that does have some effect, I also agree with tonystowe that we could take this farther. We do have some ideas on this, but they may be some time in developing. Thanks for the idea nonetheless.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Balthagor wrote:Actually, while that does have some effect, I also agree with tonystowe that we could take this farther. We do have some ideas on this, but they may be some time in developing. Thanks for the idea nonetheless.
Thanks for reconsidering this area. The missile combat portion of the game is a great offensive/defensive measure of the military forces however its delivery should require some level of input from the player - if the player chooses.

For me I would like to specify power stations, bridges, airports, missile silo's, etc as potential targets for these weapons systems than watching all of them stream towards current targeting.

Again, thanks. Your team is outstanding in its visibility on this board and open minds to our suggestions. Great game and great team.

Tony

Return to “Wish List”