Just a thought or 4

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Just a thought or 4

Post by theharrisonater »

I request that in future updates we add some things. We need to make a schedule button for advanced unit commands. Same for Nukes. and targeting nukes takes to long we need to find a process to speed that up. I think we also need Some filters in the supreme Unit menu, the one with the U hotkey. That would make life much easier. Sorry for sounding greedy. :-(
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

What filters are you looking for in the "U-list" - accessable by hotkey <U>?

Do you have any ideas on how you would like to speed up the targeting of nukes? (ICBM's would fall into this category).
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Post by theharrisonater »

what i mean is, whenever you target a nuke your silo pop up dissapears. Then in big maps you have to scroll down the long list of buildings. And also, when you select the silo it warps you veiw back to the silo, which makes it difficult to target. And to speed up the unit popup, we need unit filters, similar to the ones in the research and building menus. I guess what I am saying here is i wish that the popup wouldnt dissapear after you targeted one nuke.
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I agree. While playing lately I've come across this... I wanted to target a bunch of enemy cities and wipe them off the map. (the game wasn't over but it was 1:30am and we were all heading home) It was difficult as you mentioned where the silo popup would go away and then when I called it up again, it centred on the silo... when I wanted to place several targets in the same region. So I had to move back to the same region to place my next target... and then repeat the process. We've made some design notes to improve the process.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

I agree that targeting for ICBM's/Nukes is an unnecessary and laborious hassle. My ideal Targeting GUI would do this:

I select the "Big Red Button" (that flashes and sounds of launch sequence occurs 8) ) specifically for Strategic Missile Launch from the Military Advisor's Screen (or wherever) causing a GUI to pop up without changing my current map view. I am sure that I would have my target centered on the map at the time of bringing up the launch window.

In this GUI I would see listed along the left side all of the Silo's and various launch platforms available to perform launch missions. To the left of each launch platform is a "+" symbol that when selected would open underneath that platform a list of all available missiles ready for targeting/ launch.

I would then individually select each missile and designate a target. After a target is selected a brief message window would appear with a TOT (Time on Target) and indicate launch is ready. I then select the new button that has appeared to launch the missiles.

I don't think that individual launch selections would be efficient. The process of designating targets for all missiles and then pressing one launch button would be good.

Another aspect that would include the Ministers would the options of giving the AI guidance as to what it should consider for it to launch a strike. This would still require input from the player by having the AI to show a message indicating its intentions to launch and a time limit that the AI would wait for a response. No response indicates the player agreeing with the decision.

The player would have to indicate to the AI what he would authorize as potential targets for ICBM/Nuke strikes and to what percentage of destruction is acceptable. ie. I authorize the AI to target all power industries of enemy nations, however I forecast the need for power in that region should I overtake it. To maximize damage to my enemy and to minimize my reconstruction I authorize the AI to only destroy 65% of the total power production with ICBM/Nuke.

In this authorization, the AI would have full launch authority of conventional armed ICBM's - however it would have to request authorization for nuclear armed missiles.

My two cents. . .

Tony
commanderandrew
Sergeant

Post by commanderandrew »

Good Ideas lets hope they use em! :D

Return to “Wish List”