New unit commands

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

theharrisonater
Lieutenant

New unit commands

Post by theharrisonater »

Please post new unit orders you think SR2010 should have here.

First i have some of my own. We need to make something for air units, like engage air, no pursuit. For air to air attacks. Bomb Unit is kind of annoying because its just weird. For jets we need a command somewhat like Gaurd this area form air if enemy comes within range. Which would be easier than setting up an air patrol. Usually when ur under attack by enemy jets you dont have time for that. The ministers need more power over jets, ive lost whole divisons of M1 Abhrams tanks because they were being stupid and advanced to an enemy airstrip, make the ministers move the jets in to engage them, and in superior numbers. For the devs if this post would be better if it was in the mods section move it there but lemme know with a PM ok?
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, it belongs here, so I just moved it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

supply

Post by joecool250 »

another command would be a supply command. lets say i have a fleet of 50 ships and 5 supply ships, i should be able to get all of them, and tell the supply ships to keep the other ships supplied. so it goes to the ships that need supply and supply them. right now in the world scenario i have a fleet of 450 ships and dozens of supply ships, its very hard to supply them all. is that feasible?
joecool250
Captain

multiple go to points

Post by joecool250 »

okay, another one is multiple go to points. now i am bombing the hell out of africa from the middle east, i want my UAV bombers to go bomb a site, yet going straight there would be havoc. there shoudl be a way to go to a point, then turn and go another direction. so i would tlel them to go to point A, then from there go to point B. also follow that direction back. what about it?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: multiple go to points

Post by Balthagor »

joecool250 wrote:okay, another one is multiple go to points...
This would be waypoints and is already on our list.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bluntobj
Lieutenant

Supply Area command

Post by bluntobj »

Hmmm, a "Supply Area" command would take most of the micromanagement out of battle for me. When I'm fighting, ordering my combat units around is easy as pie, especially when ya do combined arms, lead with infantry, and back it up with arty. What is the most difficult is keeping them supplied.

I keep a supply truck organic to any non infantry stack. For fast armor penetrations I use a copious amount of chinooks or blackhawks, and I spend 70% of my time running the chinooks back and forth, even using supply trucks to shuttle to front line units when there is too much anti air in the vicinity. Keeping my arty stacks supplied is the most consuming.

I imagine a "Supply Area" command to be a designated hex/airstrip or supply point link, much as planes are linked to their air patrol point and their airstrip. Air resupply using chinooks would designate a supply hex, and a destination hex. When the chinook was empty at the destination, it would fly back to the supply hex and refil. rinse and repeat.

For Forward battle supply, a truck could shuttle back and forth from a chinook destination hex, now a supply point for the truck, and the truck's designated forward supply point. The same logic applies to air and ground, and could apply to sea as well.

Sea supply would need a bit more coding, as the ship would have to move into every hex in it's "supply area" command range to get all the ships.
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Supply area is good and we also need a hold position command
Artillery bombardment requires many tanks for defence, entrench them. If not they will die.
Il Duce
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Il Duce »

I would agree with 'Supply Area.' I operate similarly to Bluntobj's narrative. Supply Area would actually be similar to Patrol, except you'd reach the point, wait for supply to unload, and return - easy as falling off a truck.
Setting up a multi-leg supply chain would just be a matter of chaining, as Bluntobj indicated.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously [but otherwise, they do not worry and are happy].
theharrisonater
Lieutenant

Lol newb question. How do you set unit waypoints... lol. :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Waypoints are still on the wishlist. They are not currenlty part of the game.

<Psst, use search! ;) >
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

The command what I would like to see: "designate to transport".

What does it mean: if I give the "sea transport" command for a ground unit, a ship SOMEWHERE will head to the nearest port to load it. The idea is brilliant, the only problem with it that I don't know which ship will do the transportation. I saw several times that a ship far-far away moved to load, while there were several ships near the ground unit.
With this designate command, we could "prioritize" a couple of transport units to be first respondant on these transport command.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This has been considered as an additional unit role (similar to missile usage) instead of a right click command. We will continue exploring the idea.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

The command what I would like to see: "designate to transport".

Something like this:
http://www.battlegoat.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=

:D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ya, something like that ;)

I'd seen the post but forgot to go back and reply to it. I actually had an idea for this about 6 months ago and have notes on it, but didn't want to burst your bubble :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

:D
Well, I'll forgive you if you implement it :D

Return to “Wish List”