Loot tech after conquest of capital

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Henrik the Black
Sergeant

Loot tech after conquest of capital

Post by Henrik the Black »

Id like to see that in the game, after taking a research center or the capital we could get a chance ( depending if the target was defended or was bombarded etc ) of getting some tech, does not means that must be some that we dont have, could be any tech that they just have, and of any kind, after all, conquering countries sometimes leaves to find new things .
Adios, have fun and nuke someone !
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

I agree, especially when taking a research center.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I dont think id like to see the actual techs given in full.

I think what id like to see is a "bonus" research amount given to the techs the conquerer has left that the AI was also working on.

Kind of a "shared research" thru conquest kind of thing.

Maybe even add any techs the conquered had access to ,to the research possible techs that the conquer can research.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Well, if you were N. America and you captured an African research facility I don't think you would be able to(realistically) gain advancements in your future fighter tech. Any gains you would see from the research center would be in putting it to work after the war.

Of course, since the AI hardly, if at all, researches tech, there might not be much to gain from it.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

2 items that are planned to be added (although no timeline on these) are:

1) Capture a base - you have the chance to acquire the design for a unit that is in production at that base.

2) Capture a Research Centre - you have the chance to capture either a tech or a unit design
- David
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

BattleGoat wrote: 2) Capture a Research Centre - you have the chance to capture either a tech or a unit design
I think what might be more appropriate is an amount of research towards this tech/unit depending on the relative tech levels. If the tech level is equal or above your current level, you get 25%. Every tech level you have over the required, you get another 25%, so if your tech level is 3 over that required, you get the research completed...

Required tech 100

Your level 99 or less (25%)
Your level 100 (25%)
Your level 101 (50%)
Your level 102 (75%)
Your level 103 (100%)

If you're already researching the item, this %age is added as a bonus and so might well complete the research immediately.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Forgot to mention that what you get will probably be tied to the "Difficulty" setting of the scenario. More likely to get something, the easier the play level you're at. Not sure that the % gain would be intuitive or easily noticed by the player...
- David
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Would it be possible to send the player an email announcing what had been looted?? At least then we would know if a gain had been made.

Definitely a good idea to link it to game difficulty...
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Yes there will be an email to inform you of what you've captured. I'm pretty sure it's already in the email list, just waiting to be triggered :-)
- David
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Excellent.. you manage to think of some of these things before we do... :lol:

Return to “Wish List”