Military Units

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

MrWhite
Warrant Officer

Post by MrWhite »

Please give me a lot to look foreward to...

I mean smother me in this game with every possible unit, you name it I wanna see it...

I wlove some of the stuff people are bringing up on here... The Stealth ships are a very decent reality...

The skunkworks group in the early 80s designed and even sailed a destroyer that had the radar and sonar cross section of a small tuna... I mean that is some nice stuff, plus they had on teh drawing boards a stealth carrier, that stuff has only been leaked to the public most recently in teh past couple of years but its been realistically feasble for over 2 decades.

So I can see it being put into practice in a fragmented world culture that game will set you in.

Airplanes to boot, lots of cool stuff...

Tanks give me more...

Infantry more more more...

Play up the whole China teh next big red empire bit to :smile:

Lots of cool stuff...

Drool Play game...
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

^
^
^
^
^(points to the guy above him).
Yea , what he said !
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Have you had a chance to take a look at the "units of the week" that we have been posting on our web site? We also have a military section which is taken from what will one day be the manual for the game giving some stats on the equipment we use (http://www.supremeruler2010.com/srmil_equipment.htm) and I am constantly watching for announcements on new equipment. We even extrapolate units that are likely to exist such as offering M1A1 through M1A5 Abrams tanks according to the players tech level (and region).

Please, name a unit and it's class (such as recon, or Anti-tank) and I will let you know if it is included. The biggest risk of a unit not being included is being unable to find verifiable stats on it. A good example of a unit I fear may not make it is the new Iranian 155mm S.P. Artillery I saw announced on Janes. I can't even find out the crew or top speed of the thing!! We currently claim "over 500 units" to be included and I know we are nearing 650. I would love nothing better than, at release time, to see a disclaimer of "over 1000 units" listed on the box...

... who needs a life anyway :wink:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

CRUSADER!!!! Anyone here following the news with congress arguing over the anti-terror bill and the new artillary piece? Now that should be included...if its ever finalized heh.
MrWhite
Warrant Officer

Post by MrWhite »

Hey since were talking possible military additons if you have read Skunkworks book i grabbed it a couple weeks ago, it talk about how they deisgned variants of the SR-71 Black Bird, actually working variants taht did multiple things, when I mean variants I mean they had mock ups flying and testing weapon systems...

Bomber, theoretical Kinetic Bombing, SR-71 with a 2000 pound solid bomb, droped at 80,000 feet doing mach 3 created the saem effects of a 80 foot asteroid hitting the earth... Not tested in theory...

Fighter, Tested, able to go air to air 80 miles away at 80,000 feet and destroy a F-111 at onl 100 feet of the deck...

There was an interceptor version as well, but that goes hand in hand with the fighter variant...

The book is great for all sorts of blac bag possible war machine items that were canned that might be brought back on teh drawing board given the right situation...

I wish I had a Janes account...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I missed that book but would like if you could e-mail me the details directly or post the full title so I could look into it. Someone in the military section had already mentioned these units and had some links, might want to poke around. If we do us these units, the will be very expensive. In our current equipment file, the F117 has good attack values but not outstanding compared to an F-22 or a Eurofighter but costs a lot more for primarily a reduction in profile. Our current combat model does account profile to survivability in most cases but the cost of the F117 is much more (120 Million vs 55 MIlion for the Eurofighter).

And for the Crusader, already in the list. We have it at tech level 106 which means we assume it would be available in 2006 for US regions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

This might help some on the variations of the sr-71.Dont know if I can find anything concrete,but its FUN to try.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/ ... /SR71.html

http://www.cowan70.freeserve.co.uk/secr ... _sr-71.htm
MrWhite
Warrant Officer

Post by MrWhite »

Yeah those links were good and true... Very good info none on the bomber Variant but lots on the fighter variant...

The book is about the head of skunkworks from 1974 till 1995 and his mentor who began the skunworks in the 40's...

Great read if its stealth or spying this book tells you every decassified secret...
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Not sure if they might be of use, but how about pilotless spy planes? If they were available in an area they might help reconnaissance...extending area of vision??
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Not sure if they might be of use, but how about pilotless spy planes? If they were available in an area they might help reconnaissance...extending area of vision??
Our biggest challenge with units like this is to keep them from getting into a micro-management nightmare. I think we've accounted for some of the recon methods as being 'inherent' in certain unit types, ie some infantry battalions would be assumed to have helicopters as part of their units to help in this area.

I don't know what the plans are for actual unnammed unit 'battalions', however. Some debate to be done on this one...

-- George.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

In two words:Electronic Warfare

How about a nice jammer aircraft,it might reduce the enemys LOS?
Or perhaps a good AWACS plane too increase your own LOS?
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

EMPs....Very good...A la Dark Angel anyone? heh
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We do include AWACS. Some of the effects and benefits are still being determined but I like you're increased LOS idea.

EMP?... Dunno, have to see...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Is there some kind of command or communications rating in the game?Of course AWACS could improve this as well.I already mentioned it in another thread but AWACS also do a very good job when it comes to detecting launched nukes.AWACS would also give stealth units like the B-2(wouldnt be affected by radar) a new meaning since you will need them now.And besides..you can even cook your food on the radar dish..so you all see that AWACS are good for everything ; )

And a jammer aircraft would be the perfect counter for that kind of unit since it reduces the radars LOS.The turnoff would be that in case the jammers are on the plane would have an increased (?) profile so that it can easily be detected.

Another unit that I would like to see is a pioneer.He can build fortifications set minefields,as well as clear or break them.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Another unit that I would like to see is a pioneer.He can build fortifications set minefields,as well as clear or break them.
We have an Engineer unit, which has these general features. We have not planned a pioneer unit as separate from the Engineer unit, unless someone can suggest a reason why this would be useful or realistic.

-- George.

Return to “Wish List”