Ok, well if NO name change then at least keep name of region

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Commie
Lieutenant

Ok, well if NO name change then at least keep name of region

Post by Commie »

I mean I had a hard-fought win as little Belarus over Ukraine, Romania and Moldova and I get 'rewarded' by being 'Ukraine' in the next scenario!

How utterly demoralising!

If you want to stop people editing names themselves, then at least allow continuity by not changing the name of your region to that of a DEFEATED ENEMY! Perhaps allow to keep the name or change to the default, so you can play as 'Europe' in the bigger scale if you don't like still being called 'Belarus' or 'Poland' or whatever nation or region you picked at the start.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The problem is that the names don't carry forward. The "Ukraine" in the Europe map is always named that. You could change it to Belarus but then you'll want Ukraine when you beat the submap as Ukraine...

This is simply not supported by the game engine.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Commie
Lieutenant

Post by Commie »

Well that's quite a strange ommision as the map carries forward units you capture and those you build and their experience. It does all that but no name editing? This was available as a a quite simple premise in Alpha Centauri where you picked at the start your name, Faction name etc. I would have thought that even if behind the scenes the game could keep the file as 'Ukraine', at least it could 'cheat' by giving a simple text ovewrite of the name 'Ukraine' in a savegame, so that when loaded it would be whatever you called it. It wouldn't need to be a change to the scenario as all the number crunching and scenario information would still be based on the default, original scenario so the computer would still regard it as 'Ukraine'. It would just be a superficial text change.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I'll pass this on to George, he would need to comment on how possible this idea is.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Commie
Lieutenant

Post by Commie »

Thankyou sir! It would be great if possible as you already put in the fantastic and I bet harder to implement carrying forward of built and captured units. After I discovered that possiblility I started to try and take countries with as little damage as possible to their armies just to be able to have their units on my side later on!

Return to “Wish List”