Military Mobilization

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Military Mobilization

Post by Decimatus »

Conscription is way too slow.

In a nation of 2 billion people, I am just wondering why I only have 3 million in my military after 4 years. Salaries are max, Defcon 5, conscription on, age 14, coed combat, and I am adding like 100 million people to my nation every year. DAR and MAR above 70% each...

In WW2 the US had something like 15 million people in the military. Russia and Germany had tens of millions....

So, as a nation of 2 billion, I should really be able to pull in troops faster than this. The rate seems pretty low overall to me. Maybe if this were all on a volunteer basis it would be ok, but since I always turn on conscription, I don't know why it is so slow.

And unemployment shouldn't matter, if there is a draft going on people are going to be taken from their jobs to serve the military. There shouldn't be any significant slowing of the draft process unless the DAR hits record lows or something.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

I agree wholeheartedly. The baloogan rush needs more people.
Xetal
Lieutenant

Post by Xetal »

Aye, I am of the opinion that the conscription should be completely redone to be more of an 'emergency' thing instead of an ongoing thing.

It should anger your populace very quickly, but it should also provide you with reserves faster than anything. Lets face it: Forcing people to join the army is a process that can be done very quickly if you don't care about your approval rating.

In the example above you have 2 billion people, if you are gathering up all the 16-39 year old males then there are at least 300 million of them in your country. If you successfully draft half of them then you should be able to get 150 million new reserves and it should only take about a month to do.

Of course, as we all know from history, there is very little that you could do to anger your people more than drag them out of their homes, give them a gun, and force them to fight... so the reaction on your domestic approal rate should reflect this, ESPECIALLY in democracies where they are not used to their liberties and freedoms being trampled over.
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Perhaps we could have an increase in the draft rate, and cap the DAR to 60-70 during the draft period.
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

The problem about mobilization (irl) is that it take qualified manpower from the factories, agricultarl fields, etc.

In ww2 era, it was a big problem because until women were allowed to work in factories and had acces to job "reserved" to me men until that (pilots, engineer,...)

Now about ingame's conscription, it can't give you usable military manpower in 1 weeks bacuse that manpower is used to form any kind of units, from the canon's flesh that will form humanwaves on the battlefield to the pilots riding high tech birds.

Conscription is a complex thing, much more complex than people usually think, so having a slow rate conscription is right for me because it simulate all the problems of the conscriptions without going too deep.

cheers,

Jan

Return to “Wish List”