World Map with ununited nations

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

DKMY
Private

World Map with ununited nations

Post by DKMY »

Don't know whether should put this in Wish or Scenarios or Mod forum.....

1.The world map that already have is great! However, the nations are all united already. It should be more fun if player can "reunify" from the start. Some player really love to use small nations to 'conquer' the world, by military or diplomacy or trade or whatever, e.g. Portugal.

As there will be more than 70 nations in this version of world map, this may rise up another problem of "color", or "flag" problem, I suggest to use the same method of Hoi 2, or just generate random flag or uploaded by player.

It should be a great game if the diplomacy patch can work probably (cause trade treaty and alliance became critical).

2.The nations united should be possible break apart or revolt if domestic approval or military too low, or by others diplomacy means, which became part of others nations.

3.It may be a burden to some low-end machine, but at least this give more choice and fun to afforidable players. It's just several steps to beat down SP2 if other bugs patch probably!
~DKMY~
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

They have a 32 player world map, but they haven't quite finished it yet. It may come out in update 3 or 4.
shaolt2002
Sergeant

Post by shaolt2002 »

A problem I foresee with small-nations-growing-to-dominate-the-world-on-the-world-map......... The AI is frankly stupid and you all know that..... Here you will be conquering an entire continent and the AI won't be growing at all because they just do not seem to have the militaristic attitude against anyone except the player.......

I just think it would be lame... "Western Hemispher declares war on Nigeria" oh gosh, I wonder who will win there?

In the world map, the AI is far to less agressive for world-conquest....

Its alright having entire continents against the AI because they have tons of resources and army.... but I just fear 31 AI nations will stay tiny while the player conqueres continents.

It must be thought out carefully and tweaked so the AI isn't satisfied with their own borders....
"Solutions are not the answer." Nixon
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Assuming we complete a 31 player map and a user doesn't beat us too it, we intend a map where the 31 players are the more interesting ones to play. Sadly, I don't thing Nigeria made the list ;)

We would have 30 players such as Germany, France etc, then all the remaining small regions would be one "outside forces" player perhaps or maybe add back a world market. This would be a stand alone scenario so you would not get a continent vs a country...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

You know,thats an interesting solution.

Make the World Market exist in the game and make it play as the regions NOT included as indiviual regions.

So basically, if the game had 31 possible regions, 30 would be independant regions and all the other regions of the world would play as one huge fragmented World Market region.

So if there circa 193 soveriegn nations in the world. In the sceanrio ,there would be 30 soveriegn nations and 163 regions that were the world market.
The 163 WM regions would exist on the map geographically seperate, but act as one region.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Pajari
Warrant Officer

Post by Pajari »

I'd say the best solution is to include every last one of those 193 nations, but I know that's not technically feasible with the level of detail accorded each nation.

I just dislike the generic, static World Market lording over entire continents. It seems an awful lot like those 'invisible walls' I dislike in action games.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Well,if you mean by "invisible wall" that you wouldnt be able to attack the WM regions,than no. Thats not what i mean.

I mean have the WM region as a true AI player. Have it make treaties, trade, war, etc... just like the other 30 regions.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Yeah, I often find myself drooling over the huge oil reserve just off my coast in WM waters.

WM is definitely going to get taken out in quite a few mods. :)

Return to “Wish List”