Dig In!

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

dust off
General

Dig In!

Post by dust off »

Offering two tings for debate, sorry if already covered.

1# Urban areas and dense forest use close att/defence stats. Military bases too. What about large industrial areas that consumer, industrial and military good uprades represent?

2# Engineers will be able to bridge, and mine; but engineer btns with heavy earthmoving kit would aid units to dig in. Even in 'open' terrain engineer btns could dig hull down positions for tanks.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

I agree... the presence of Engineering Units should improve the entrenchment of units. We'll address this in the rules.
- David
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Great to have devs that listen. :)
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

BattleGoat wrote:I agree... the presence of Engineering Units should improve the entrenchment of units. We'll address this in the rules.
does it have been introduced and is it automatic or require an intervention by the player?

PS: sorry if it's already have been answered elsewehre, but it would take me a whole life to read the whole forum (btw it's neither in the readme or the manual) ;)

cheers,

Jan
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

This would be a proposed addition to how engineers work. I would say it would be automatic if it is implemented. If in the same hex - possibly a nearby hex - then it would just speed up entrenching of units.
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

cool :) Maybe that it could be implemented in the existing GUI, by using the "Construction" order.

For exemple, a unit is ordered to entrench, then you send an engineer unit and give it the order "Construction" on the same hex than the entrenching unit.

In my humble opinion, being helped by engineer can allow the soldier to have a position at least twice better than if he had to do it with his normal hardware (even at battalion level, there are no organic enginner). It's even more true for combat vehicles because their "fox hole" require a bulldozer or a 10 hour work by the whole crew (if they are fast).

cheers,

Jan

Return to “Wish List”