What do you want to see in Supreme Ruler 2010?

Got any suggestions/wish list items? Put them here!

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Also, I have requested of our programming team that all saved games, player profiles, and any other specific data be saved to a sub-folder of your My Documents folder. This would allow players to easily backup or transfer saved files.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Reddemon
Lieutenant

Post by Reddemon »

P E R F E C T !!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I hate to say this but I have another request or wish or whatever you want to call it.

Ok its about getting "WORM RAPED" if you have played AC (Alpha Centuri) then you know what I mean about WORM RAPED. Okay in that game I did everything humanly possible to keep my pollution down and my production to a bare neccessity but no matter what I did I still got WORM RAPED to the absolute end of my city getting totally destroyed. Now I hope we have pollution problems in this game but I'm hoping that your solution to the problem isnt the way SID did it in AC. If pollution is getting out of hand in a city then have the pple leave or production cut in half or something but dont send in 100 worms to destroy the city. To me that didnt make any sense and yes I played AC as a greenie and all the land loving stuff it had and still got WORM RAPED.

Pollution can be tackled in different ways. I only mentioned two up top but you can have EPA sanction on the cities or lost of pop due to leaving or DYING (choking to death) Income cut in half and your approval rating getting hit too. Also add in some research for better pollution control or make a city wide air recycling machine that purifies the air around the one city. Yes I know you have cleaner Power Plants but that isnt the only thing that makes pollution you have mining coal ores no matter what you do there it creates pollution. You have factory that turns the raw product into semi finished products which then in turn goes to the finishing factory then you got the standard pple pollution they are the biggest polluters around what are your intention for that situation.

Well once again I'm ranting SORRY

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reddemon on 2002-07-16 11:58 ]</font>
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Ok its about getting "WORM RAPED"
Note to designers: better take Worm Raping out of the Supreme Ruler design doc, doesn't sound like it will be all that popular. :smile:

Regarding pollution, it's true that pollution becomes very interspersed with other issues (production, economy, population). I'm sure we won't experience mass extinctions due to pollution in the timeframe of a game, (especially now that Worm Raping is out)... but there will be a number of more gradual effects - health, approval, etc. The nice thing about the Supreme Ruler model (much like the real world) is that single elements alone often will not make drastic changes - but combined they can really shift public opinion; and public approval does play an important role in the game.

-- George.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Regarding the save-game files: Even though Supreme Ruler 2010 scenarios are made of multiple files (to allow easier modification and editing, as well as re-use of elements), the Saved Game format uses a "monolithic" file for saved games, meaning they are generally self-contained and can be moved around without any problem.

There is one issue that I am not yet certain on, which is how to handle saved multi-player games. In general you should not be able to load up a saved MP game and continue playing in single player mode, or playing as a different player than what you saved as; this will prevent cheating in saved MP games by looking at your opponent's setup during offline times. But, what if your opponent doesn't want to finish the game but you do? Or if you want a different opponent to take over the other player? Or switch sides mid-game?

It may just be that all of those options will not be allowed to prevent the cheating, but we haven't decided yet...

-- George.
<Lead Programmer, BattleGoat Studios>
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Note to designers: better take Worm Raping out of the Supreme Ruler design doc, doesn't sound like it will be all that popular.
Okay... No Worm Felonies. How about Slug Misdemeanors? :grin:
- David
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

I would like to know how dense my border defense is. This way I won't have someone sneak in through a hole i've left open. Bury this in the military command status window... (see other suggestion)
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I would like to know how dense my border defense is. This way I won't have someone sneak in through a hole i've left open. Bury this in the military command status window...
This was actually mentioned just a couple of days ago by David (or Chris, or someone)... Though I'm not sure exactly how this can be implemented in a useful way. Ideally, you'll want to have some of your border defense forces on standby or patrol so that they go after any sneakers on their own initiative... You'll also likely want to garrison any upgrades (oil wells, mines, cities) that are near border areas, so they are not taken by surprise.

-- George.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, there is already a contigency for this, it just hasn't been implemented yet. In the Operations section, under Defensive Operations, you will be able to set the overall frequency for border patrols from low to high. Units who's leaders have good initiative and no current orders should spread out to cover your border... in theory anyway :smile:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
guyver
Sergeant

Post by guyver »

A way to rename your country.
I micht want to name Holland "The United Benelux" after I conquer all of the lowlands.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You know there is a reason BeNeLux starts with Belgium :razz: . That’s where my father’s from so I’d be careful when attacking them, I might leave a few nasty surprises in Brussels for anyone silly enough to attack :wink:

As for renaming it, that gets into some icky issues as mentioned in military about renaming units. Might be really hard for players in a multiplayer game whose geography is weak to follow who’s who if regions names are changed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
guyver
Sergeant

Post by guyver »

Only Amricans suffer from that problem :razz:

You could turn off the option for country name changes in multiplayer mode.

[EDIT] smilies didn't work

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: guyver on 2002-10-16 07:27 ]</font>
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

What about some special equipment for aircrafts:
-Napalm
-Fuel-Air-Explosives
-Daisy Cutter
-Big Eye (big chemical bomb)
-SEAD strikes

Star Wars:
-A satellite with a nuclear warhead that can be placed on any point on the map in minutes
-A laser satellite against other sats and missiles (ICBM)
-A spy satellite
-A "golden eye" sat

BTW whats the word on sat&co at the moment,how will they work?

For the ground:
-A good selection of various SSMs :grin:
-Railways (both economic and military value)
-BIG Bertha cannon (it might move only on railways)
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Ooops thats not the thread for military equipment.

Sorry :sad: my mistake

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Juergen on 2002-11-03 11:08 ]</font>
Bushbee
Corporal

Post by Bushbee »

WHAT A BRILLIANT GAME! IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME SOMEONE DID A COMPLETE, GLOBAL SCOPE, CITY TO CITY GAME!
I keep seeing people worried that there will be too many "details", HOGWASH!! That's what's wrong with the other 80 trillion grand scale strategy games. The CIV series is tedious, but that's only because they have their own "weird" system of tech/wonders/etc. . .
Just a few ideas. I read a note in the Strat First area about "You start out as Southern California and your first mission is to invade Northern California." It went something like that. I hope, for the sake of my sanity, that I read more into this than I thought. With a game of this scale "Forced missions" are ridiculous! If I'm Southern Cali., and I'd rather invade Northwestern Mexico, or build-up and send ships to Hawaii, or blaze over the Mojave, I should be able to do it. Forced missions would be as bad as Command & Conquer!!!
I've rambled too much! Other ideas!! 1. Military units fully customizable (armor categories, caliber categories, engine categories) 2. Full customization of your controlled region (Pick your government, color options, flag options, command echelon options) 3. Don't limit alliances. If I want to be allied to Utah and China, I can. 4. Ability to "build" cities would be ultimate! 5. Basically have a configuration menu for each player. Example: I load the game. The first screen that comes up is main menu. In addition to new, and load there is a profile button where you customize all of the parameters you want and save them to your name. There is also a configure button where you create these parameters. Parameters: Government, Command echelon, colors, flags, unit looks and names, every opponents infantry difficulty, mechanized difficulty, air difficulty, etc...I just believe in breaking everything down as much as possible for not only the realism of strat games but the ability to help the AI and keep the game playable. It also helps the guy with the small machine who can actually play the game if nearly everything was disabled! It's generic, but at least he/she could play the game. It could also give the normal strat gamers a great time while also giving the hardcore guys a run for their money at the other end of the spectrum!
Again, What a brilliant game! KUDOS!
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

At the risk of Bushbee no longer thinking we've got a "Brilliant" game (course I still think we do :grin: ) I think I better clear up some of his conceptions...

Forced missions... Yes, sort of. When you begin a campaign, you start from anywhere in the world. That is, you could start in Southern California, you could start in Southern Ontario, you could even decide to start in Tazmania! Once you pick your starting region, you then have to deal with the scenario in which you start. Remember, you are now a pretty insignificant player on the world stage, and you have to build up to become dominant!

If you started as one of the four regions in the California map (Northern California, Southern California, Los Angeles, or San Francisco) you are informed that there will be a "Reunification Vote" to reunite these four regions on a specific date (the scenario would then end with the election results). How you win the scenario is then up to you. You could decide to give your economy top priority and bolster your Domestic Approval Rating hoping that the other regions' populations take note and remember you on Election Day. However if you find yourself trailing dramatically in the polls, you might think the best way to win the reunification vote is to militarily eliminate your competition or at least promote dissension in other regions!

As I said, unless you've eliminated all the competition before election day, the scenario would end with the vote. To follow the "logical thread" of the campaign tree, you of course have to win the election. (The you would find yourself playing as California with the army and resources you had build up, for the Western United States)

If you lose the election, you are out of work and looking for a job... Fortunately other regions throughout the world are looking for "Leader" types with experience, so you would likely be offered a job elsewhere. Note: you will always take a "Demotion" in the type of region you are offered after a loss. For instance if you start anywhere in the US and lose the first scenario, you can count on not being offered another US job. You'll likely have to go to Mexico, or somewhere in South America for your next posting. (I think we've got some unique and cool curves thrown in to the campaign tree!)

Different scenarios will have a different theme towards victory depending on the characteristics of the regions involved. "Western Democracies" for instance tend to not like long drawn out wars for conquest. So although your people might tolerate a quick land grab of a neighbour to gain some key resources, your Approval Ratings will head south if the war goes long and hurts your economy... Of course if you don't care what your people think, you could always change the gov't to a Military Dictatorship. Then you just better watch your casualty count and keep your military happy! Coups are a bitch :wink:

As for "Customization"... Colours, flags, leaders, etc are all designed to be customizable. Since we base our game in 2010 though, most of the military units in the game are either "Current" ordinance, currently on the design table for implementation over the next few years, or slight upgrades to existing equipment. We do have a realistic tech tree that will allow for "Breakthroughs" in certain aspects.

A couple of further notes... We have made the game VERY modable and do include a scenario editor. So once players get through everything we have to throw at them, they can create their own scenarios, equipment, etc...

Hope that this post doesn't disappoint you too much Bushbee...

Return to “Wish List”