OK, just started playing this game and absolutely love it. Some questions. I apologize in advance for my ignorance.
1) I continued the tutorial as China. Is the tutorial dumbed down? In other words, if I restarted sandbox game as China would it essentially be the same game or is the tutorial nerfed in some way?
2) When selecting aircraft, I'm having trouble finding cities with airfields. Is there an easy way to highlight them? Ditto ships.
3) I built a wall of fortifications along my norther border to protect against Japanese invasion (yes, I'm a turtler). Now that I've pushed Japan off of the mainland, they serve no purpose. Is there anything gained by dismantling them like lower maintenance costs?
4) I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to select just a specific type of unit. So when I make a selection on the map, and I want just air units for example, is there an easy way to do this?
5) Is there a way to add individual stacks to a selection? The rectangle select works most of the time but sometimes the 'shape' I want to move as a group is problematic with that sort of selection.
6) Was I stupid to buy this instead of Ultimate?
1) If the options you choose are the same as those of the tutorial campaign, then the answer is no.
2) Yes, click deployed units to show the list of units, then click the grey aircraft button above the list. This will highlight airfields in pink circles.
3) You will get some of the goods back when you dismantle them. Not sure about maintenance.
4) On the map, drag a big box and click the aforementioned grey aircraft button to filter your selection to aircraft. Explore the interface a bit and you will find some short cut ways of doing things. Bear in mind, manual unit control in the game is always a bit cumbersome. Make some Battlegroups for easy access of units.
5) Hold ctrl and left click a hex to add its contents to your selection.
6) Kind answer: no. Honest answer: yes.