BGForums

BattleGoat Studios
It is currently Oct 17 2017

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Partisan solution
PostPosted: Sep 15 2014 
Brigadier Gen.

Human: Yes
In response to the partisan problem, I propose that the player be granted the power to scrap villages, towns and cities.

Post subject: Re: Partisan solution
PostPosted: Sep 15 2014 
Lieutenant

GreenGoblin wrote:
In response to the partisan problem, I propose that the player be granted the power to scrap villages, towns and cities.

Only if we can rebuild them.

I haven't noticed a partisan problem. I leave one infantry on each city or village. Once or twice a year a partisan appears and my infantry kills it (and gains experience). Win win.

PostPosted: Sep 16 2014 
General

Yeah, BG has been pretty upfront about not allowing mass genocide in their games. Sorry.

However, if you turn the diplo settings to Very Easy, you no longer have a partisan problem. I think it has to do with your relations to the dead country--if high, you don't get partisans; if low, you get them all the time.

That is why the best way to conquer a place is let someone else conquer it first. You never get partisans that way. That is how I take out China as the USA. From 1936 to conquest, supply Japan with troops (I buy plans from the Germans and sell the Japanese German equipment). Let Japan conquer China, the later go to war against Japan.

Once you take out Japan, you get China for "free"--no partisans, as you were never at war with China. And no Japanese partisans in mainland China, as the loyalty is toward China and not Japan.

Brigadier Gen.

Aragos wrote:
Yeah, BG has been pretty upfront about not allowing mass genocide in their games. Sorry.

Don't worry this wasn't meant to be a very serious thread. :wink:

That said, if you know what you're doing then atomic weapons can be a quite effective (but expensive) way of dealing with partisans.

Lieutenant

Aragos wrote:

I bombed an Indian city of over a million people off the map in one game. I used 6 carriers with around the clock strikes for about 2 weeks. The city stayed at the last notch on the damage track for a long time and I figured cities couldn't be destroyed. Then, finally, the city and remaining industry died and the city was removed from the map. I was really surprised.

Brigadier Gen.

Nice find! I would love the industrial/military complexes could be removed (that could happen without removing the population). I mean, why pay for something you don't use (a hex with no facilities and a single m/i complex).

Supreme Ruler

Kristijonas wrote:
...I would love the industrial/military complexes could be removed...

They can be. You just have to remove the facilities first.

p. 15 in the manual.

Brigadier Gen.

rogerbacon wrote:
Aragos wrote:

I bombed an Indian city of over a million people off the map in one game. I used 6 carriers with around the clock strikes for about 2 weeks. The city stayed at the last notch on the damage track for a long time and I figured cities couldn't be destroyed. Then, finally, the city and remaining industry died and the city was removed from the map. I was really surprised.

You're an evil bastard! Yeah, damage to cities seems to run according to the diminishing returns rule. You can drop an H-bomb on Moscow and reduce its health bar to about 10% and then it will take multiple subsequent nukings to finish the job.

PostPosted: Sep 20 2014 
Colonel

I've used artillery to level entire cities before. I used a combination of naval power and artillery to flatten Seattle.