The inflation *problem*

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

The inflation *problem*

Post by PyongYang »

I know there are searchable threads about inflation, but I've not seen much official answer from the devs about it.

I'm really struggling as Iran with high inflation in my current game (22% and rising). I've tried lowering domestic prices, rising domestic prices, raising tax/cutting social, nothing seems to work, it keeps steadily rising. The only thing I can see is that my unemployment is low at 2.1%, I'm going to attack Afghanistan later and see if a population influx will help.

Some people have posted saying the inflation has no effect on the game, but I'm not convinced as I'm sure my raw material costs are rising.

I'd really appreciate some input from the devs on the inflation issue.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: The inflation headf**k

Post by GreenGoblin »

What's wrong with inflation?
PyongYang
Colonel

Re: The inflation headf**k

Post by PyongYang »

GreenGoblin wrote:What's wrong with inflation?
High inflation can lead to high raw materials and production costs.

Also just to add, I'm not building anything at the moment so t's not that causing it.
bvb
Colonel

Re: The inflation *problem*

Post by bvb »

pretty much all economic activity can influence it, from domestic spending (infrastructure, social assistance, etc), construction, production (units & resources), etc. With the less developed nations, it is always going to be "easier" to have high inflation, as their GDP is so low to start with.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Try setting all your production to "100% of demand". Perhaps you are selling too much oil or something.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Kristijonas wrote:Try setting all your production to "100% of demand". Perhaps you are selling too much oil or something.
That's it! Over production. I've kept oil on 100% capacity as I want a big stockpile of it, but I've cut agriculture, timber, coal and metal to demand, and inflation is now slipping back down slowly but steadily!

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”