Reserach : underdeveloped nations

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

pex666
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Reserach : underdeveloped nations

Post by pex666 »

Hi guys!

Im playing as China atm.

Does underdeveloped nations (like China) have limitations when it comes to research? My R&D spending is at max but i cant fill the 13 R-centers i have with projects... I earlier played USSR/GER/US and I didnt have this problem?

Basically my Q is.. can China perform as well with research as for ex US ?
Felius
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Reserach : underdeveloped nations

Post by Felius »

pex666 wrote:Hi guys!

Im playing as China atm.

Does underdeveloped nations (like China) have limitations when it comes to research? My R&D spending is at max but i cant fill the 13 R-centers i have with projects... I earlier played USSR/GER/US and I didnt have this problem?

Basically my Q is.. can China perform as well with research as for ex US ?
Playing as Brazil, my impression is that yes, but some of the main bottlenecks, specially relatively earlier in the game, are already researched for the US and cia.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Reserach : underdeveloped nations

Post by Chesehead »

The only problem will be with early generation military units as China has few of them. You need to get modern technology before you start seeing a lot of homegrown Chinese equipment that you can research. Otherwise, the big issue with smaller nations is getting around technology bottlenecks which artificially/realistically nerfs smaller countries in comparison to the bigger ones.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”