Ship weight: what does it do in game?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

rogerbacon
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Ship weight: what does it do in game?

Post by rogerbacon »

What does ship weight do in game? Is it used in any combat calculations? I notice that for ships combat strength is listed as a percent, where as for land units it is listed as an absolute value. Whhy is that and what is the value behind the percent?
As you might guess from my questions, I have yet to fight an actual battle.
Fistalis
General

Re: Ship weight: what does it do in game?

Post by Fistalis »

rogerbacon wrote:What does ship weight do in game? Is it used in any combat calculations? I notice that for ships combat strength is listed as a percent, where as for land units it is listed as an absolute value. Whhy is that and what is the value behind the percent?
As you might guess from my questions, I have yet to fight an actual battle.
Land units unit strength = the number of said unit type in the battalion. IE unit str of 48 would be say 48 tanks.

Ships are built one at a time and unit str = a percentage of that one units health.

As far as ship weight.. the game keeps track of all unit weights however ship weight really has no practical usage. (land unit weight is used to determine if it can be lifted by a transport etc)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Fistalis wrote:
Ships are built one at a time and unit str = a percentage of that one units health.

As far as ship weight.. the game keeps track of all unit weights however ship weight really has no practical usage. (land unit weight is used to determine if it can be lifted by a transport etc)

Thanks. That helps but I'm still not sure about ship's health. A percentage of what? A small DD will have 100% of its strength and a large Battleship will have 100% of its strength but what are the actual strengths behind those percents? Maybe it doesn't matter, depending on how combat works.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

rogerbacon wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

Thanks. That helps but I'm still not sure about ship's health. A percentage of what? A small DD will have 100% of its strength and a large Battleship will have 100% of its strength but what are the actual strengths behind those percents? Maybe it doesn't matter, depending on how combat works.

100% is 1...1 unit
when 0% the ship is is dead
"strength" indicates the condition of of the ship
Con forza ed ardimento
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

dax1 wrote:
rogerbacon wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

100% is 1...1 unit
when 0% the ship is is dead
"strength" indicates the condition of of the ship
Pretty much what i said.. lol
If it helps just look at unit str as "health"
Ships go up to 100%, land units go up to the total # of units in the battalion and air units total number of units in a squad.

As far as combat values you go you need to learn about Surface attack, surface defense etc etc. Which are more important then the unit str stat when comparing units for combat value. Generally speaking no matter what the unit if its unit str is low send it for repairs asap.

Try this link, I filled it out for CW but the stats are still the same. http://www.supremewiki.com/node/75
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Fistalis wrote: Pretty much what i said.. lol
:wink: I know..but Rogerbac had not understood!!!
:D
Con forza ed ardimento
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ship weight relates to how many tons of military goods are required to build it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

Balthagor wrote:Ship weight relates to how many tons of military goods are required to build it.
Thanks.

And then that relates to maintenance cost, yes?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not directly. Build cost relates to unit cost though.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Balthagor wrote:Ship weight relates to how many tons of military goods are required to build it.
it's for air and land units.
I saw it's not correct for ships
CV-63 Kitty Hawk -->weight 62300t ------>military goods needed 31150t (50%)
Con forza ed ardimento
rogerbacon
Lieutenant

Post by rogerbacon »

dax1 wrote:
That could still be right if that's the loaded weight of the CV.

Anyway, I have my answer. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't reducing the ship's 'hit points' or whatever by reducing its weight.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

rogerbacon wrote:
dax1 wrote:
That could still be right if that's the loaded weight of the CV.

Anyway, I have my answer. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't reducing the ship's 'hit points' or whatever by reducing its weight.
it was just example...
every single ship have military goods = weight/2
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”