A couple of questions.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Inzann
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

A couple of questions.

Post by Inzann »

Its been some time since I last played SR1936 and I wonder if some things that I had issues with have been solved/fixed.

1. Do captured enemy industries and buildings automaticly repair now or do you still have to do it manually for every single one? Last time I heard this was planned to be implemented in the next patch.
2. Are you still not able to remove/upgrade railroads and regular roads?
3. Are you now able to join whichever alliance you want in the war? Last time I played as Sweden and wanted to join the Axis but even though I had all necessary relations with all the countries it wouldn't let me. (scripted to much?).
4. Has the proper invasion methods been implemented like annexing/colonizing/liberating?

I like this game series and it has more potential then what is right now, but for whatever reason some issues that have been in the previous game remain in these new ones. Why is it that they wont listen to the community to fix these features?
Von Bismarck
Captain

Re: A couple of questions.

Post by Von Bismarck »

I'll take a stab at it...

"1. Do captured enemy industries and buildings automaticly repair now or do you still have to do it manually for every single one? Last time I heard this was planned to be implemented in the next patch."

Implemented by theater controls. It appears you have to enable it once/per new theater that you control but at least that is easier than doing it one facility at a time."

"2. Are you still not able to remove/upgrade railroads and regular roads?"

There are techs to increase your infrastructure rating, but no redrawing of roads or rails.

"3. Are you now able to join whichever alliance you want in the war? Last time I played as Sweden and wanted to join the Axis but even though I had all necessary relations with all the countries it wouldn't let me. (scripted to much?)."

Formal alliances are still sphere related, so in my experience you can't ally with opposite political sphere countries.

"4. Has the proper invasion methods been implemented like annexing/colonizing/liberating?"

Sandbox is better than Campaign for this, because of scripted events, but I think there are issues with world opinion and/or relationship status that effect the options you are presented with. Specifically, in my current Sandbox game I noticed my conquering of Turkey did not come with an option to colonize or liberate, but I am unsure why that was specifically, since I have done so in previous games.

Hope that helps :-)
Inzann
Warrant Officer

Re: A couple of questions.

Post by Inzann »

Von Bismarck wrote:I'll take a stab at it...

"1. Do captured enemy industries and buildings automaticly repair now or do you still have to do it manually for every single one? Last time I heard this was planned to be implemented in the next patch."

Implemented by theater controls. It appears you have to enable it once/per new theater that you control but at least that is easier than doing it one facility at a time."

"2. Are you still not able to remove/upgrade railroads and regular roads?"

There are techs to increase your infrastructure rating, but no redrawing of roads or rails.

"3. Are you now able to join whichever alliance you want in the war? Last time I played as Sweden and wanted to join the Axis but even though I had all necessary relations with all the countries it wouldn't let me. (scripted to much?)."

Formal alliances are still sphere related, so in my experience you can't ally with opposite political sphere countries.

"4. Has the proper invasion methods been implemented like annexing/colonizing/liberating?"

Sandbox is better than Campaign for this, because of scripted events, but I think there are issues with world opinion and/or relationship status that effect the options you are presented with. Specifically, in my current Sandbox game I noticed my conquering of Turkey did not come with an option to colonize or liberate, but I am unsure why that was specifically, since I have done so in previous games.

Hope that helps :-)
Thanks for the reply! About 3, am I still not able to affect where my country leans towards in the political sphere? I remember my last game as Sweden I did everything in my power to lean towards axis but I still ended up on the allies sphere. Has this been solved? I don't see the point of the game asking me what I think about germany declaring war on random nation when it doesn't take my opinion in account at all. My vote doesn't count? :/

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”