Automaic repair is not automatic.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

forumname
Major
Human: Yes

Automaic repair is not automatic.

Post by forumname »

Please either fix this to stay "set" to automatic, or rename the mechanic to "One time repair of facilities" (in which case, the "cancel" button would no longer even be required)

Thank you
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Automaic repair is not automatic.

Post by Balthagor »

There has been no bug report about this so I'm unclear what you're asking us to fix. What exactly are you observing?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

So, which part of my post are you having difficulty understanding?

Perhaps this will help:

automatic
[aw-tuh-mat-ik]
adjective
1. having the capability of starting, operating, moving, etc., independently

If a player has to push the button every time repairs need to be made, then the use of the word "automatic" was probably in error (in which case, there is absolutely no need for the "cancel" button)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

forumname wrote:...If a player has to push the button every time repairs need to be made, then the use of the word "automatic" was probably in error...
Well then you'll be glad to know that you don't have to push the button every time. You can set the status of auto repair in the Theater or Battlezone panels or for an individual facility. I'm sure it works since no one has reported otherwise.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

I don't think I could have been so diplomatic in my response to that. Kudos to you Chris !!!
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

It was a good fix to the only really annoying problem I had with 1936.

That said, I'm slowly starting to come 'round to a certain someone's case for SELECTIVE UNIT TRADE! :lol:
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Balthagor wrote:
forumname wrote:...If a player has to push the button every time repairs need to be made, then the use of the word "automatic" was probably in error...
Well then you'll be glad to know that you don't have to push the button every time. You can set the status of auto repair in the Theater or Battlezone panels or for an individual facility. I'm sure it works since no one has reported otherwise.
Except that it doesn't work in the way you describe.

Try it, wait for something to happen (partisans, bombing, whatever) and then look at your facility with repairs "paused"..

In which case, one has to hit the button again, even thought the "theater" has not changed (because, how could a theater change?)

Consider this the first report, and fix it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

forumname wrote:...Consider this the first report, and fix it.
The first was far more of a rumor than a report. Even your follow up is a bit vague.

As I understand it, you are saying that if I have a facility at any condition and turn on auto repair then wait "for something to happen", it will turn off again?

You're something is very vague. Bombing will damage it without it changing ownership. Partisans could affect the ownership.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Balthagor wrote: Partisans could affect the ownership.
So, does ownership affect theater? (No)

Does a "recaptured" facility affect "theater"? (No)

Does one have to press the button again if partisans take a facility for 10 seconds, or is the repair "automatic" for the theater when it is recaptured 10 seconds later? (yes, you have to push the button again)

Is repair automatic for the theater, or not? (No)

Theater repair is not automatic. It is a one time repair "order" of facilities, which must be repeated hundreds of times during the course of a game for every theater.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

[_]OT
If you would spend more time in clarifying your problems in more detail instead of being plain rude in your scant statements, things would be much easier for you and anyone else on the forums that might be trying to help you...

This really is an honest, constructive remark. If you see it any way different than constructive, please ignore it, and don't waste anybody's time by responding to it.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't even understand half of your ramblings. Why are we talking about theaters?
forumname wrote:Does one have to press the button again if partisans take a facility for 10 seconds, or is the repair "automatic" for the theater when it is recaptured 10 seconds later? (yes, you have to push the button again)
So you're saying it has to change ownership for the setting to change? That isn't what you reported above, you suggested it only need to be attacked.

I'm starting to believe you're being obtuse to intentionally waste my time and be rude to me. I've had bugs that were clearly reported fix faster than this. Make a clear report on what you're seeing going wrong and find one other user to corroborate your report, then I'll look at this again.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Allow me to add to this. This problem also bothers me.

Play as Germany. Invade and conquer Netherlands. Set auto-repair on Western Europe Theater.

Later invade and annex Belgium. Buildings in Belgium will not auto-repair. You have to give the "enable auto repair" command again on the Western Europe Theater, as you did not have permission to repair Belgian facilities when you last gave the command.

It would be nice if the command would persist until turned off instead of updating settings on the individual facilities a single time when the button is pressed.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thank you for the concise summary of your issue.

The engine only stores the setting for the facility and only the owner can change that setting. If you've got suggestions on how to improve the system, feel free to start a thread with some comments, but not this thread so it stays on topic.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Balthagor wrote:Thank you for the concise summary of your issue.

The engine only stores the setting for the facility and only the owner can change that setting. If you've got suggestions on how to improve the system, feel free to start a thread with some comments, but not this thread so it stays on topic.
I was translating for the OP :) It's on-topic. I was simply able to use my own experience to clarify what he was talking about. I think.
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Balthagor wrote:Thank you for the concise summary of your issue.

So, what you are saying (which you could have said at the beginning) is that the first thing the AI does when partisans take a facility is turn off (or the setting is reset) to no repairs.

In which case, when it is recaptured, the previous (and new) owner, having already flagged that facility for auto-repair, must flag it again, manually.

Ergo, "Theater Automatic Repair" really has nothing to do with Theater, and nothing to do with "automatic" (see the definition if you are confused..I posted that because you all have Canadian credentials, and for all I know, French might be your primary language), and is a manual, one-time order to repair currently owned facilities.

Hmm.. Let's look at that original post again...

"Please either fix this to stay "set" to automatic, or rename the mechanic to "One time repair of facilities" (in which case, the "cancel" button would no longer even be required)

Thank you"

Suggestions?
Simple.

Perhaps one should own a facility for longer than 3 seconds, one day, one week, etc in order to make such changes? This would eliminate the "ninja setting change" by partisans that capture the facility and lose it again within seconds of game-time.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”