Using minister to learn the game

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

theblitz6794
Private
Human: Yes

Using minister to learn the game

Post by theblitz6794 »

This game is a lot. Is it viable to just set everything to minister control and let the country run itself, then switch off ministers here and there to learn parts of the game?
Bob
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Using minister to learn the game

Post by Bob »

of course!!! keep it simple until you get the hang of it!!

~if you are going to let your ministers keep your economy supplied, you should consider maxing out the amount per unit your minister can spend to bring in product. For example...lets say you are china and you need oil...go to the resources screen....click on oil...look to the right hand side and you will see a green and red arrow....green means export....red means import....click the red button and move the slider that says "buy as needed to" to its highest number....this allows your minister to buy what you need with no restraints....adjust your taxes and domestic prices to cover the cost to keep your industry producing.

~exports....lets say you produce to much coal....click on coal and then the green arrow....produce at 100%....set your min $/ u to $1 below your cost....set the amount your minister can sell to 100% surplus production....now go back to your game map....any Industrial facility that has only 2 coal mines, recycle them and the facility, this adds to your Industrial goods (IG) and lowers the amount of production going into market. This allows you to have the IG to build other facilities at a lower cost then having to buy IG on the open market. I do this until I have about 10% to much production....repeat this for Ag/lumber/coal and metal....if I still produce to much coal after I recycle facilities with only 2 coal mines, I begin to recycle mines in low supply areas and/or mines that are way off by themselves.

~Ag can be built in cities/towns, so having them outside a city a bright red cycle with a facility in the middle may look pretty, but it adds to your cost

bobg

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”