How do you prevent the ai from selling your materials ?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

gevans
Warrant Officer

How do you prevent the ai from selling your materials ?

Post by gevans »

I've locked out the ai from controlling all my materials and goods and set the sales to 0.
I also set the minister to build up military materials.

And yet I still have stuff like military goods being sold without my control to the point where I can not build up a stockpile.

How do I prevent the ai from selling stuff I don't want sold ??
gevans
Warrant Officer

Re: How do you prevent the ai from selling your materials ?

Post by gevans »

Another thing that's happening is through this automatic trading system is I'm selling stuff at 30% or 40% below cost and far below market value.
And there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel it short of severing all relations with this country that I have very good relations with.

There has got to be a better way.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by Kristijonas »

I think there's an option under "industrial" interface to set each resource separately not to sell them. Even if you lock the minister from dabbling with a resource, the resource is still set to being autosold at a certain number of that resource or if the price is good. You can set autosell to 0% manually and lock the minister = problem solved.
gevans wrote:Another thing that's happening is through this automatic trading system is I'm selling stuff at 30% or 40% below cost and far below market value.
And there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel it short of severing all relations with this country that I have very good relations with.
What do you mean? I don't understand. Nobody is forcing any deals on you..?
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

I'm not having this problem, myself. After locking the ministers of each resource out of doing anything, I went to the "Market Exports" button and set the Auto Sales level to zero.

Later, after determining which commodity I had a surplus in, I went back and started selling some at or slightly above market value. Those are the only trades showing up on my summary.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

One thing that comes to mind is colonies. If you have them, you might check the diplomatic offer interface, once they turn to your colony your menu defaults to accept all equal or better offers, but not sure why they would be accepting lesser offers.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I suspect it is the surplus sales. If it's set > 0% the minister is selling the surplus according to your instructions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

If what Balthagor told me last time was true, any unsold automatic sales get added on to the next day's bulk sales.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

GreenGoblin wrote:...any unsold automatic sales get added on to the next day's bulk sales.
That is correct.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
gevans
Warrant Officer

Post by gevans »

sorry......been away for a few days.

The only way I have found to absolutely not have anything sold you don't want to sell is to set the trade negotiation for each nation that's buying this stuff so that all trade offers are refused automatically.

Basically have it set up so there's no way automatic trades can happen.......and do it for each country that wants to trade with you.

I don't have any puppets or colonies and if I don't do that then even with all the trade controls set to off for a certain item like petroleum I still lose some to trades.

And if I leave the selling price to the ai I end up selling it at a big loss.
But doing all trade manually is an awfull lot of micromanaging.

I hope the whole trading system gets reworked so it operates properly when set to automatic.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”