Sending copies to Youtubers as a mean of Marketing

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

notus
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Sending copies to Youtubers as a mean of Marketing

Post by notus »

I wanted to suggest something a time ago, but i was waiting for updates to roll out to make the game more polished and stuff, but a good way to market the game is to send a copy to gaming Youtubers

Youtube is one of the most effective marketing tools nowadays, when a video of a certain game has a review done by popular youtubers like TotalBiscuit sales tend to increase...Proof from Papers Please: http://i.imgur.com/40J6avO.png

So a good marketing strategy would to send a copy to youtubers, i am only going to suggest one, and that is Quill18...He is one of the most popular and respected strategy gamers of youtube... He normally gets early access to review copies or press releases from Paradox games and other companies(Kalypso Media provided him with Tropico 5 before the release)

Of course there is a downside... If the reviewer has a negative opinion that review will stay on youtube forever, and could make potential buyers not want to buy the game

That said it also exposes the game to new people and they could try and buy the game for themselves...

I do not expect Battlegoat to follow this advice from a mere fan but this is just a suggestion

Also i have suggested a non-paid review, there is always a chance of a youtuber deciding not to do a review of the game, there have been several publishers who pay youtubers to review their game, and some of them include things like "You can not focus on the negative aspects/bugs of the game" but i am not a fan of paid reviews

(if this is in the wrong section please remove/move)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Sending copies to Youtubers as a mean of Marketing

Post by Balthagor »

notus wrote:...So a good marketing strategy would to send a copy to youtubers...
We agree. We have :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”