Electricity sales option ?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

gevans
Warrant Officer

Electricity sales option ?

Post by gevans »

What exactly happens when you select this ?

Does it mean that electricty is now treated as a commodity like ore or consumer goods and can be shipped anywhere and you no longer need a land or bridge connection to sell it ?
Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Electricity sales option ?

Post by Von Bismarck »

gevans wrote:What exactly happens when you select this ?

Does it mean that electricty is now treated as a commodity like ore or consumer goods and can be shipped anywhere and you no longer need a land or bridge connection to sell it ?
It is my understanding that what you describe above is exactly how that works. There was some discussion about limiting trade of this commodity to land locked adjacent countries, or to those that are within the same political sphere, but I am not aware of any such limitation at this time.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

My understanding is that it controls the ability to export electricity, I.E if its not checked, there is no trading of electricity on the global market. There was a discuss about it awhile ago, where everyone pointed out that in 1936 electricity exportation was exceedingly rare due to the transmission technology at the time.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Chesehead wrote:My understanding is that it controls the ability to export electricity, I.E if its not checked, there is no trading of electricity on the global market. There was a discuss about it awhile ago, where everyone pointed out that in 1936 electricity exportation was exceedingly rare due to the transmission technology at the time.
This is correct.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Let me guess: The developers are again helpless at coming up with a solution. How hard can it be to have a global event in ~1945 that would let everyone start trading electricity? Or the year can be made dependent on a particular country for realism. Right now I find it that this option is very good for first decades of the game, but is not good for very long term games.
gevans
Warrant Officer

Post by gevans »

I think it's a good option to have.

Turn it on if you want to export electricity just like any other commodity which is of course very unrealistic........ or turn it off if you want a more realistic market for selling electricity.

I think it works as intended.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Eh, if you really wanted to be realistic, make I think Power Transmission IV allow for the import and export of electricity. That way, anyone with the tech could trade with each other. I think its a decent compromise since the tech already exists, but at the same time this doesn't seem to look like a huge priority in which to waste developmental resources on.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”