Tech trades are rip-offs

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Tech trades are rip-offs

Post by GreenGoblin »

I have to pay extra to buy techs from a country who doesn't like me but countries that like me sell me techs for slightly less than their nominal value.

However, when I sell techs to AIs they always offer me stupidly puny amounts of money. E.g. I offer one billion dollars worth of techs and they offer me 32 million dollars (even when they love me).
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Tech trades are rip-offs

Post by Chesehead »

GreenGoblin wrote:I have to pay extra to buy techs from a country who doesn't like me but countries that like me sell me techs for slightly less than their nominal value.

However, when I sell techs to AIs they always offer me stupidly puny amounts of money. E.g. I offer one billion dollars worth of techs and they offer me 32 million dollars (even when they love me).
I think the amount the AI offers in trades is proportional to the amount in their treasury, I.E if you have exactly the same relations with two countries and country A has more cash, your likely to get more $$ from A for exactly the same technologies. To be fair, it seems like a decent mechanic since no sane government would bankrupt the country for a few technologies.
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Re: Tech trades are rip-offs

Post by Uglyr »

Chesehead wrote:
GreenGoblin wrote:I have to pay extra to buy techs from a country who doesn't like me but countries that like me sell me techs for slightly less than their nominal value.

I think the amount the AI offers in trades is proportional to the amount in their treasury, I.E if you have exactly the same relations with two countries and country A has more cash, your likely to get more $$ from A for exactly the same technologies. To be fair, it seems like a decent mechanic since no sane government would bankrupt the country for a few technologies.
From my experience AI can give maximum 10% of it's treasury.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”