Manual Update version 1.2

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Manual Update version 1.2

Post by Balthagor »

The manual has been updated with more information including a Strategies, Tips and Rules section and an appendices on unit specialties.. Some Key Concepts have been updated/added and more information is now available for the Resources department.

It is available here
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Re: Manual Update version 1.2

Post by Fistalis »

Good job.. need to fire your editor though.. ASW is listed twice in the air units apendix and under engineers on land you have the following description.

Engineer (can accelerate the rate on construction for structures and allo
progress on military or industrial complexes in unsupplied territory)
allo? like aloe vera? :lol:

Ignoring those few typos it's good to see the manual being added to so we can avoid answering the same questions over and over here :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Do barracks increase supply or decrease it? In the manual it says increase, but on the SRCW wiki it says decrease.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

increase.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Okay, because on the wiki it talks about balancing the supply cost of barracks with supply depots.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure, got a link?

The wiki was 90% written by forum users, so does require being sure it's information is accurate, like any Wiki.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

This could be what he meant...

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/20

Negative Objects

Barracks with communal base: 0.0 No effects seen
Barracks with military complexes: -0.4 (This basically means, you shouldn't place them too soon!)
Example:
Military Complex 0.3
Air Base +0.4
Sea Base +0.0 (Sea Base and Air Base don't stack with each other)
Barracks -0.4
Supply Depot (3slots) +0.6
Maximum is only 0.9 - 90%
here's the trick (as of Supreme Ruler Cold War) first get your supply level up to 100%, or whatever you want, and then build your barracks afterwards!) the once the level is up, it doesn't go down by placing barracks)

I'm not sure if the barracks are a bug or something. Especially since their -0.4 only has effect if you build them before your supply levels are up (they kinda prevent them going up) but once your supply levels on a hex are up, you can place them and the supply level remains on it's high value (as if the barrack has a 0.0 effect)
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

I'm not sure what it's all about but I always build Barracks, Supply depot, Airbase, Fort in a city to get 100% supply. I place all the buildings at the same time so barracks built first.

Do you keep in mind that bad weather can drop your supply levels considerably? And after building is finished it should pass several days before maximum supply level is reached.

Also don't know if it's bug or not, but if I build all buildings as usual but on border with other country I get only around 50-60% supply insted of 100%.
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

Just browsed new version of manual...
1. Facilities that increase supply. Fortification is not mentioned, but they do increase supply.
2. Gun emplacements are not mentioned
3. Space race mentioned in appendix with buildings, but it's unclear what effect Space race have at all. It's pretty expensive but is it just role-playing or do they have some effect?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

thanks, I'll review that on my next pass.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Uglyr wrote:...3. Space race mentioned in appendix with buildings, but it's unclear what effect Space race have at all. It's pretty expensive but is it just role-playing or do they have some effect?
They are used for the "Space race" feature from SR Cold War. The facilities remain, it is our intention to bring back the space race when players get to a certain level.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

Balthagor wrote:
Uglyr wrote:...3. Space race mentioned in appendix with buildings, but it's unclear what effect Space race have at all. It's pretty expensive but is it just role-playing or do they have some effect?
They are used for the "Space race" feature from SR Cold War. The facilities remain, it is our intention to bring back the space race when players get to a certain level.
Back in DLC? ;)
I see no button to show Space race progress. And even it is. What's the point of it if you beat Axis?
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

I see no button to show Space race progress. And even it is. What's the point of it if you beat Axis?
As Chris pointed out, it was a "SR Cold War" leftover. I think you could set it up for a victory condition, to give you a different spin on things.

I would like to see spy satellites incorporated, but that is just my own little wish.
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

Von Bismarck wrote:
As Chris pointed out, it was a "SR Cold War" leftover. I think you could set it up for a victory condition, to give you a different spin on things.

I would like to see spy satellites incorporated, but that is just my own little wish.
Why only spy satellites? How abouth weather-sat to improve agriculture? Some worthy tech effects could be introduced to SR part so it's not money sink.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”