How to Trespassing Border?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Yigit
Corporal
Human: Yes

How to Trespassing Border?

Post by Yigit »

Hello everyone,

I've been playing with Turkey. I tried to do everything to get my country in Axis sphere (like being in good terms with Axis countries, trading with them, making agremeents, supporting their actions, etc.) but at one point Turkey looks like an Ally leaning. I read a topic about the exactly the same issue and it seems it's about the game.

Anyway, for 6 years I've been stand idle but now I wanna invade Iraq. I also tried everything to get involve in a war with Iraq like supporting opposition party, units path arounds / war on incursions options (both doesn't work at all!) but all in vain. A year ago, a German plane done tresspasing in my borders for 3 days but how the hell I cannot do that? Spy things doesn't work, units don't tresspass so how can I get war justification for me or for another country, doesn't matter. I just want to create a spark for horrible events.

Same problems were existing in other Supreme Ruler games and I thought in SR1936 there would be some changes but... Any help?
Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: How to Trespassing Border?

Post by Von Bismarck »

I've been playing with Turkey. I tried to do everything to get my country in Axis sphere (like being in good terms with Axis countries, trading with them, making agremeents, supporting their actions, etc.) but at one point Turkey looks like an Ally leaning. I read a topic about the exactly the same issue and it seems it's about the game.
As far as switching from one sphere to another, I think at best, you can hope for a neutral relationship. The game does not let you switch your sphere (Axis v. Allies). However, you can ally a spherically opposite country (at least in theory), or become enemy to a spherically similar one.
Anyway, for 6 years I've been stand idle but now I wanna invade Iraq. I also tried everything to get involve in a war with Iraq like supporting opposition party, units path arounds / war on incursions options (both doesn't work at all!) but all in vain. A year ago, a German plane done tresspasing in my borders for 3 days but how the hell I cannot do that? Spy things doesn't work, units don't tresspass so how can I get war justification for me or for another country, doesn't matter. I just want to create a spark for horrible events.
What you describe above sounds like you are trying to get Iraq to DoW on Turkey so you can invade them w/o losing world wide favor. While I understand the benefits of this strategy, you may never attain enough Causus Beli. Even if you max that slider, you cannot force them to engage you first. I find that the quickest way to have countries DoW on me is to invade others. Once you invade an ally of theirs, or a couple neighboring countries, then you could see them change their tune. Of course this will undoubtedly affect world wide opinion, and you may get more than just Iraq to DoW on you. Either way you suffer the hit, but if alert levels are still low, you can usually take an independent like Iraq out without much of a loss to your prestige. Might as well just initiate the move yourself and get it over with.
Aragos
General

Re: How to Trespassing Border?

Post by Aragos »

Also, you can set your ROE to allow your air units to cross neutral territory.

In general, it is best to invade early. Over time, your diplomatic hit for invading a country will slowly go back to normal.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”