GDP tips

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

burock82
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

GDP tips

Post by burock82 »

Hello

Probably someone asked this before and sorry for opening it again.

I always need to build something to increase the GDP per c. even if i lower the taxes, i can not increase it without construction. So i will be gald with your comments and tips. I am playing with Turkey

regards

Burak
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: GDP tips

Post by GreenGoblin »

Decrease taxation, increase social spending, lower prices on commodities.
Zeiler
Corporal

Post by Zeiler »

Lock bonds and taxation then set taxes to 41% 48% 48% 41% 1% 1% 1%

Don't lock social spending and don't over build which stalls the economy of the nation your playing.

This is the best possible way to raise the GDP of a nation, also when the inflation gets to around 18% don't fiddle with taxes or anything it will keep going up and down but the GDP average will keep growing over time.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

i can not increase it without construction
Yep, you said it. It is a slow process, you are looking for a quick fix for a problem that you will undoubtedly struggle with for the entire game. Welcome to SR 8O !

The taxation %'s listed by Zeiler are a good start, I have used those and done well in raising capital for expanding my GDP, but in truth, raising GDP does not always make your economy better. Just because you have more product does not make your country better suited to conquer others or defend against attack. If you have manpower issues, then construction will not help you out of that whole. Investment in social services, and lower taxes usually have a better effect. If you lack resources then you need to have capital to either produce an army/navy/air force to take someone else's or purchase them on the open market. I find that it is not usually the size of my economy that is important, but the balance and the ability to meet the basic needs of my own populace with a small surplus for sale on the market that is more important.

One last note; you cannot underestimate the effects of supply on both military units, and also on production. I always start with maximizing my production, which also means de-comissioning small or medium size facilities for the largest ones, and even rebuilding fabs where they can be better provisioned and/or protected. Build some depots and airbases where they can be used to their best effect.
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

Thanks a lot. I will try your recommendations. :)

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”