Battlegroup management: how to?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

hafer
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Battlegroup management: how to?

Post by hafer »

Hi there,

one question concerning troop management. Let's say i want to put 100 Infanterie, 10 tanks, 5 recon and 5 pioneers into one battlegroup. Is the only way to do this to click in the lower right defense-department window and search for the units. it would take years to do so. Cause there are only filters for land, air and sea-units. So where is the trick?

Thanks in advance
Hafer
Von Bismarck
Captain

Re: Battlegroup management: how to?

Post by Von Bismarck »

Left Click + drag with mouse around the units to select all of them, then Ctrl + (Number) to assign a group number while units are selected. Yes they all have to be in roughly the same area. That is the easiest way to do it. If you want to select units from the deployed units list, be my guest, but that is harder. You can however select the majority of the units, assign them a number, and then add units one by one to the group. I believe that is an option.
hafer
Warrant Officer

Post by hafer »

Von Bismarck wrote:Left Click + drag with mouse around the units to select all of them, then Ctrl + (Number) to assign a group number while units are selected. Yes they all have to be in roughly the same area. That is the easiest way to do it. If you want to select units from the deployed units list, be my guest, but that is harder. You can however select the majority of the units, assign them a number, and then add units one by one to the group. I believe that is an option.
Thanks for your tips. I'm familiar with this type of choosing and selecting units. :wink: But for me its still uncomfortable. I mean, when i select units over an large area, i see a list which i can scroll. So it seems a bit useless if you have hundreds of units and the list just shows the first infantry units. I ve found no way to scroll the list. The only thing you have is the small window in the lower left. But thats not very usable.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

Thanks for your tips. I'm familiar with this type of choosing and selecting units. :wink: But for me its still uncomfortable. I mean, when i select units over an large area, i see a list which i can scroll. So it seems a bit useless if you have hundreds of units and the list just shows the first infantry units. I ve found no way to scroll the list. The only thing you have is the small window in the lower left. But thats not very usable.
A scrolling mouse is useful but you can also click, or click and hold on the scroll bar to page down the list past the first units listed. It is small and does not distinguish the units by location or perhaps doesn't differentiate the units enough to make choices without losing the group selection, but it is what it is.
scroll bar.jpg
I am sure you know this, but just in case; you can select or deselect multiple units in that menu panel by holding the ctrl key down while left clicking. Just FYI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”