Atlantic War

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nickwjm
Sergeant

Atlantic War

Post by nickwjm »

Hi all,

I am considering purchasing SR1936 but was after some information first. I am a long term player of SR2010,2020 and especially SRCW and one of the aspects that I believe was important to expand upon for a WW2 scenario was the trade and supply system.

During WW2 arguably one of the most important theatres was that of the North Atlantic, with the US supplying the UK and the US/UK supplying Russia. Under the SRCW system strategic warfare against supply routes was limited at best.

Could someone let me know what the differences are in SR1936?.. for example could Germany use u-boats to try and cut the supply to the UK?. or is it still completely dealt with by an overarching world market?

In SRCW you could trade with nations effectively cut off from you by your enemy.. That would be a little insane in this sort of era.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Atlantic War

Post by Von Bismarck »

I am afraid that there are still no shipping lanes to raid or cut off. I don't think they are implementing anything like that. The only thing I could imagine that might come close would be something like strategic bombing, naval bombardment, or missile attacks against supply centers. Nothing that you mean though, sorry.
nickwjm
Sergeant

Post by nickwjm »

Okay thanks for the reply.. Seems a strange design decision for a strategic WW2 game. Its unfortunately but I am sure those who like the series will still buy it for other reasons. I will wait until HOI4 instead I think.

Thanks
Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Post by Von Bismarck »

Tbh; I might not have painted the most accurate picture there are always the merchant marine ships to hunt, and ships of the line, but those are a step away from direct commerce raiding. It is your choice, but the game is unique in its diversity and well worth the $'s in my opinion. I think it is currently on sale btw.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”