Assigning Barracks to units

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

moin
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Assigning Barracks to units

Post by moin »

Can we assign Barracks to units so that after the battle they get reserved in the respective barracks rather than settling in some random barracks....
swedewolf
Major

Re: Assigning Barracks to units

Post by swedewolf »

It would be nice, as at the moment I have no clue where my guys go when sendt to reserve.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

moin wrote:Can we assign Barracks to units so that after the battle they get reserved in the respective barracks rather than settling in some random barracks....
I am not sure I have good information to weigh in on this, perhaps I can add my two cents to spur the conversation more, because I honestly don't know for sure.

1. I know that you can set unit delivery points from your fabs and barracks, and rally points from your barracks.
2. I know that you or the minister can place units in reserve status as long as there is clear pathing to a barrack.
a. There may be issues with enemy units positioned close to the closest barrack that may factor in to the pathing choice.
b. There may also be supply issues with the nearest barrack that could affect pathing choice.
3. I have noticed that when a large group of units are ordered into reserve status, that some will decide to route to separate barracks that don't appear to be closer or easier to reach. I suspect that this might be attributed to other units clogging choke points and how the AI determines which path and destination is best. I am not aware of any maximum number of units that can be stored in one barrack, although it may appear that way.

I would not mind knowing exactly how the choice is made, but if I ever have issues I just order the unit/units to move to the barracks I choose and then order them into reserve status. This appears to rebase them from that point, like you do with air units.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

It help some, thanx. But the game shoulbe clearer, like forexample the units designation should mention wich barack it belongs to. And ofcource a possibility to change their home adres so to speak.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It doesn't "belong to" a barracks. It will go wherever is closest if needed. Air units track a "home base" because it determines their range. Land/Sea don't.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

Balthagor wrote:It doesn't "belong to" a barracks. It will go wherever is closest if needed. Air units track a "home base" because it determines their range. Land/Sea don't.
makes sense, thx

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”