What type of aircraft should intercept by design?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

What type of aircraft should intercept by design?

Post by swedewolf »

In my latest playthrue as Germany I captured Belgium in an advance manouvre before Attacking France. Still at peace with France as they didnt team up with UK. I moved over lots of fw190 and let them be under high initiative air AI.
Then I tried lift the fog of war with my newly researched radar fascilities and along with some new airfields. Even thou the Gauntlets was easy pickings they frequently bounced my human controlled bombers. So I decided to move over som fieseler-storch recon when the airbases was finnished. So I could find the UK airbases to clear an area around London as I later succeded with.
But before I gave my recon order to scout they started to do intercept mission against patrolling UK Gauntlets. One sortie, 60 % casualties directly.

My question is as in the headline, my fw-190 did intercept but also my recon, why is that? The recon planes was in controll of the AI I guess as they didnt got orders from me yet.
swedewolf
Major

Re: What type of aircraft should intercept by design?

Post by swedewolf »

After this while I guess I answered the question my self. Any plane seams to intercept. WAD? I hope not :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If the aircraft have an attack value for the air level of the target, they will engage it unless restricted by rules of engagement. Recon and fire on other aircraft, they just have lower values than interceptors. Some recon air units have no attack value though.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Hmm, ok. Rule of engagement. I will check that out more thourow. Thanx for pointing that out.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”