1936 June 13: Germany conquered as France

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

1936 June 13: Germany conquered as France

Post by Kristijonas »

So after thinking that France is probably artificially made into a weak state in this game, I thought I'd see what military capabilities they have. So I started as France (with units, very hard military difficulty, very easy diplomatic difficulty), locked military spending at 100%, allowed AI to autobuild everything and gave all kinds of iniative/engage freedoms to all my units and ordered everyone from around the world to rally on the maginot line.

Made as mane alliances as I could around Germany (although they proved almost completely useless) and without further wait, declared war on Germany. Sent the majority of my army on a blitzkrieg to Dusseldorf and similar cities region and left the rest of the army slowly advancing elsewhere. Soldiers who took Dusseldorf/surroundings proceeded North where they were heavily assisted by our navy in taking the shores and travelled by the shore taking major cities (with help of navy) to Lubeck, from there they descended upon Berlin, taking it, and ending the war.

France: Unit kills: 508
Unit losses: 215
Military casualties: 131.247
(second place goes to Italy, with 17 14 15353)

So am I a military genius or is the AI incapable of dealing with the unpredictable at all?

EDIT: 1936 September 6: Italy is France's as well. They were a little harder to kill, too. Had to chase their capital to Sicily. France's airforce and navy are stronger than before attacking Germany, I think. Ground troops were reduced to 1/3. I think I could easily conquer the world if I continued like this.
Last edited by Kristijonas on Jun 12 2014, edited 1 time in total.
swedewolf
Major

Re: 1936 June 13: Germany conquered as France

Post by swedewolf »

Not really. At 1936 the Germans got some 100 000 man historicly, allowed by the Victors of ww1 to keep order in the country. Scared of the reds I guess. And France got an Army much bigger and a Victor of ww1. Tired still as the losses was horendus losses their army sustained in the last war. But still capable to handle 100k Germans. Because of the winners of ww1 didnt want a new war the Germans could use that to rebuild their strenght and experiment with tanks and combined arms as they thought was the reason the allied won. But if France got a crystal ball to see what the Germans was up to , 1936 was a perfect date to stop them before hand.

So you actually stoped ww2 from happening.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Thank you for your reply, swedewolf. Is the weakness of Germany in 1936 and their gradual becoming into a superpower accurately depicted in this game, though?
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Yes and no.
In 1936 the Germans got 3 Pz division (1st, 2nd and 3rd) with PzI some artillery, motorcycle Bn and some Motorized Infantry.
http://www.achtungpanzer.com/german-pan ... 5-1939.htm
Some Mot infantry Divisions but mostly foot infantry. And Mechanized formations was in servise from -39 at first. So there should be no halftrack units in a 1936 set up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd.Kfz._251
In the game the Germans start with a lot motorized Inf, way to many PzI, way too many Pioneers and Many more planes than they got in 1936. They got 1800 planes by 1936 http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/research/on ... waffe.aspx
so maybee the number are acurate. Depending on how much planes every air unit in the game represent. I the personel also includes greasmonkeys or pilots/planes.
The economy I leave others to answer about the realism there.
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

I think the AI could use to build some more units, I like to lose at video games, if you win eveytime all the desire is lost.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

The problem isn't production, or manpower, or resources.

The problem is the AI.

Germany will throw its entire Army away trying to land in London. Japan will do the same with the US. At higher vol levels, I've watched the USSR and UK go to war...then both of them threw their Armies away trying to invade each other by sea.

Until that is fixed, BG needs to ditch the entire Merchant Ship/land unit system. It is basically turning AI armies into sea-lemmings.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Aragos wrote:The problem isn't production, or manpower, or resources.

The problem is the AI.

Germany will throw its entire Army away trying to land in London. Japan will do the same with the US. At higher vol levels, I've watched the USSR and UK go to war...then both of them threw their Armies away trying to invade each other by sea.

Until that is fixed, BG needs to ditch the entire Merchant Ship/land unit system. It is basically turning AI armies into sea-lemmings.

Agree.
Von Bismarck
Captain

Post by Von Bismarck »

stevehoos wrote:I think the AI could use to build some more units, I like to lose at video games, if you win eveytime all the desire is lost.
I think the developers tried hard to imbalance the early position of Germany so that those who chose Germany to play would not find it easy to run over France. You may want to play the French campaign, or one of the ally scenarios that start at a later date.

The first game I played as Germany, I did not count on France DoW'ing me in '40, regardless of if I stayed out of Poland. I was surprised by the event and so did not leave a sizable enough force to counter an attack made on that front. The AI made good progress until I hit the restart, lol.

In lieu of a late scenario try DoW'ing on Italy and Germany at the same time and/or waiting until a later date to invade, change your settings to the hardest ones. Vary your approach in order to give yourself a different experience.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”