Transport non CV planes for island defences etc

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

Transport non CV planes for island defences etc

Post by swedewolf »

In the pacific theatre I have read that aircraft carrier and tenders transported nor carrier able air units to long away islands. I guessing transport ship transported many low ranged units over the atlantic by the merchant fleet: I know by fact that the reinforcing air unit consisted off Buffallos to Singapore cam by transport ships.
Will this be implemented or is it already in the game without me knowing how to.
Rhaycen
Major

Re: Transport non CV planes for island defences etc

Post by Rhaycen »

Put the aircraft in a port that also has an airfield ... then select Sea Transport.

it will become a merchant ship that you can transport to another port with an airfield.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Rhaycen wrote:Put the aircraft in a port that also has an airfield ... then select Sea Transport.

it will become a merchant ship that you can transport to another port with an airfield.
Thanx, I didnt know that. where in the manual.... just kidding :-)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

You can also give the command to the airplane to "Load" into a transport ship or Carrier; I think they made that change in the files. If it doesn't work for you, it is VERY easy to mod the orders file to allow it (basically you change one number and don't even have to re-cache!)
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Good to know, thanx. I might try that.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”