Factory Output

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

kraszus
Corporal
Human: Yes

Factory Output

Post by kraszus »

So, I was surprised and disappointed at how poorly my IG factories were performing. I thought I was doing something wrong so I started a new sandbox, used the trainer to stockpile all materials, built 30 large IG factories and 30 Coal Power stations (I thought perhaps lack of power was affecting my factories). I now have surplus power, vast stockpiles of all materials, and my 30 factories are outputting a grand total of 125 tonnes a day. By comparison, my CG factories are performing excellently...outputting a shedload of goods. What am I doing wrong? Or is this just the way IG factories perform????

[EDIT] I should have mentioned that my factories are set to run at 100% capacity
Aragos
General

Re: Factory Output

Post by Aragos »

Check on the supply of the hex in which you build the IG factories. Supply directly impacts how much they produce (e.g., you'll get 50% from a factory in a 50% supply area). If this is the problem, build a supply depot or three nearby to raise local supply.

There are indicators as well if problems with production (e.g., shortages that interfere w/production). If the resource has a yellow sign, there is a problem.

Are you using AI control or controlling it yourself? If the former, your minister may be only producing what is needed instead of maximum production. Lock the minister out (using the Lock icon) and set production to "100% of capacity."

Lastly, how is your unemployment? Below 3% and you will start taking a hit on production costs.
kraszus
Corporal
Human: Yes

Post by kraszus »

Hey Aragos. Supply was good as I had purposely built a supply depot in the adjacent hex (hadnt built a road though).

there was a yellow warning sign by the IG indicator, but I had vast amounts of all materials in stockpile.

I was controlling everything myself, ie. Ministers were locked out of spending.

However, my unemployment was very low. Was getting spammed with shortage of labor messages. I think it was about 2%.

Tho that doesnt explain why my IG factories perform so poorly as my CG factories were doing great.

Inflation was ~25% if that makes an impact???
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Inflation should raise the cost to the consumers (and overall cost of production).

If there is a yellow triangle, there is some sort of supply/raw materials issue. On the right side of the small screen (once you click on IGs), one of the tabs will tell you (in red) what is missing/short.

Also, try stopping any automatic import/export of raw materials for a couple of days. What may be happening is that you are selling raw materials before they are used to produce stuff, or you might have an issue with raw material production (e.g., the civilians are buying up all your oil or electric first).

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”