Just a few comments on Supreme Ruler 1936

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MrSomeguy
Private
Human: Yes

Just a few comments on Supreme Ruler 1936

Post by MrSomeguy »

Firstly I would like to say how much fun this game is to play, but I do have a few comments I would like to bring up. Last weekend me and a few friends had a Supreme Ruler 1936 gaming marathon, and from this we had a few concerns that if addressed we would feel the game would be greatly improved.

Unit Pathing
When conquering a huge country, such as Russia, on complete victory, it is very difficult to grab all the territory because the units automatically path to the roads even when you (shift+right click) move, meaning that I wish there was a pathing option that would follow your path instructions exactly.

Nuclear Weapons
Unless you immediately max out your research facilities/efficiency it is nearly impossible to build a nuclear weapon before 1945, you can finish the nuclear test in 40/41 but the 20k nuclear bomb also requires the "Modern Missile" technology which usually doesn't finish until 44/45, I just think that the missile tech should be an early one. On a side note, you can usually finish the tech requirements on an ICBM like the Thor IRBM, which requires automated assembly lines, long before you can finish the 20k nuclear bomb.

Dead Regions
After liberating a aggressive nation, such as Germany, who has conquered many nations, such as Poland, all the conquered nations are "Freed" but for some reason they are still qualified as a "Dead Region" and I cannot enter diplomatic relations with them as a result, so I think a good rule of thumb would be if a "Dead" region reconquers its capital, it should no longer be qualified as "Dead"

Liberating Annexed Nations
Liberating nations that are currently inside of your territory, such as Ukraine within Russia, as colonies would allow for more realistic gameplay and would put an end to the infinite partisan issues. This is one feature I know alot of people are asking for and would be highly appreciated by the community I believe.

Economy
When playing as a large region with a large population but a relatively low GDP/c it is nearly impossible to balance the tax rate and Social Spending, just something that might need adjustment.

As a fan of the series since 2020, I would like to just say that none of these things are game breaking though, and I would just like to congratulate you on a very well developed and stable game. Everyone I have shown this game to has loved it and eventually bought it. While the game can be a bit overwhelming at first, if you could just get the word out about this game I think you could see a huge increase in sales, maybe try and get more bloggers to review it, or podcast to discuss it, possibly an ign review, and definitely get some twitch players to try it out and broadcast it.
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Just a few comments on Supreme Ruler 1936

Post by Chesehead »

@ unit pathing- If you go into the global RoI section and select pathing option, there should be an option for direct, which should follow the path you want them to take. (It also has fastest,normal, and I believe a third option for other pathing choices)

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”