Wow, Italy declare war on Germany(me) in okt -43???????

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

Wow, Italy declare war on Germany(me) in okt -43???????

Post by swedewolf »

I playing sandbox and had taken my time. I have taken UK, benelux(Ned,Bel and lux) and Polen. Are allied with Hun, Rum, Jug and Bul. Italy I have best relations but no alliance as they are at war with US and Im not. Was planning for an assault on France in spring -44. Mind you, its sandbox and I attack when Im ready. Now Italy attack me in autumn -43, 700k troops against my 1.17m. What is the reason? Is it the games way of telling me I playing non Historic? hehe Well I take care of them too before I attack France. Then I got Tigers and Panthers as they are soon researched. :-?

Just realized that a third or more of Italien troops are inside Germanys border and out supply. I lost 5 supply trucks and one Puma on mainland Italy directly and one mechant marine. Is this really WAD. Making a save if someone is interested. I post it if any want to see it.

In the diplomacy window Mussolini still smiling after a week and seems very friendly (5 dark green boxes) and state is enemy. :lol:
swedewolf
Major

Re: Wow, Italy declare war on Germany(me) in okt -43???????

Post by swedewolf »

Well the war is over. I thought that as we got so good relations(still) I try ask for a cease fire. No problem, we got all except alliance againe. They still want me declare war on same as they(including US) before any Alliance can be signed. I still trading with US and making lots of money doing so.

This little war costed us some 30 units each.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Noted, we'll look into it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

Nations declaring was on you is awesome, generally because they are the aggressor when you conquer their territory you don't have to deal with partisans.

Often I have max friendly status with France as Germany, and they usually declare was on me in 1944 or 1945 ... I usually use that to grab a nice chunk of French land and then as for a seize fire. Which they usually do as we're "friendly" with each other.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Thanx Balthagor. No save needed?

Good tip Rhaycen, I wait for France then. Hopefully Russia wait too. A qustion about US: Im very friendly (4 boxes) with them. I know its sandbox but I feel that its hardcoded to get an alliance with them. When can I aproach them for treaties? After historical ww2 maybe?
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

I've been able to create alliances with the US before, but it seems to be somewhat dependent on if they've gone to war at any point or not.

Also, while I'm not 100% sure of this ... there are actually 3 "factions" in the sphere system... with the UK the leaders of the Allies, Germany the leaders of the Axis and the USA the leaders of the neutral faction.

I've never actually seen any of these 3 nations change their faction without being "liberated"
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Hmm, ok. Thanx.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no save needed, I found the event for this. We'll look at adding a few more condition checks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Ok, good. :-)
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Am I the only one who thinks that a possibility of this happening is actually great? I mean, the weren't in alliance and Germany was belligerent.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The possibility will remain, however the balance sounds off.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not hard coded, a scripted event, but yes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

After this DOW affair the Italien actually helping me in France -45 and agains Russia later that year. Fighting the hvy fight in south of france and did the most of the early advances in Russia as my units kept dragging there feets for the most part of autumn -45 before reaching the front. Mind you, Italia are at war with USA but not France and Russia. And they still have all diplo parts except aaliance as I dont want to declare war on the USA. All areas captured by the italians became German controlled, even when the attacks was origined from pure Italian areas. But those areas struggled with loss of controll due to supply problems. Even thou the Italian forces themself was in supply all the time.
Have I broken the game by not declare war on Italan enemies? I can still wonder what good a dow on USA by Italy could produce. And I also wonder why a Russia that in -45 was bypassed by my Germany in manpower dowed on Bulgaria of all nations. Not close by their border and an allied to Germany and Rumania, Hungaria and Joguslavia. [_]B

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”