as a German player there is no nead build siegfrid line

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

as a German player there is no nead build siegfrid line

Post by swedewolf »

As France(in my sandbox play with no unit at start, anyway)got no garrison in their emplacements(aka maginot line) . I just capture those and make them to my defensive line. I searched about other entries about this issue and I found alot, but not about when its is fixed. I seems to grump a bit, entering many posts but I still like the game and still playing it. So take your time devs but just keep us informed. cheers
Fistalis
General

Re: as a German player there is no nead build siegfrid line

Post by Fistalis »

swedewolf wrote:As France(in my sandbox play with no unit at start, anyway)got no garrison in their emplacements(aka maginot line) . I just capture those and make them to my defensive line. I searched about other entries about this issue and I found alot, but not about when its is fixed. I seems to grump a bit, entering many posts but I still like the game and still playing it. So take your time devs but just keep us informed. cheers
No unit at start what you expect? lol
The no unit option isn't really historical so your knocking the game off the tracks to start with. That option is a hold over from previous entries in the series and while it opens up new possibilities for different play styles the game itself wasn't really designed to be played in that mode.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Hehe, ok. :-)
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

even in campaign mode France has no Units at start.... u can beat them with less than 50 Units.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

In another post someone suggested using fixed units for batteries for Gibraltar and so on, it can be done for Maginot too, creating a special unit 0 speed not researchable that France would own on those Maginot line hexes. Would need a few german unit to knock them. Ideally if it can halt Germany till early 1940 to reflect history would be good (until some events for wardec against Belgium/NL start in order for Germany to go around the line). I'm putting that on my to do list for my project.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

vahadar wrote:In another post someone suggested using fixed units for batteries for Gibraltar and so on, it can be done for Maginot too, creating a special unit 0 speed not researchable that France would own on those Maginot line hexes. Would need a few german unit to knock them. Ideally if it can halt Germany till early 1940 to reflect history would be good (until some events for wardec against Belgium/NL start in order for Germany to go around the line). I'm putting that on my to do list for my project.
I agree. It also might hinder the Italians from wreck havoc and capture areas soon out of supply, from the "wrong" front.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”