AA very effective agains airpatroll planes?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

AA very effective agains airpatroll planes?

Post by swedewolf »

I tried the Gazala scenario to really check out how the game handle different situations. First of was an airpatrol with some me110. The order is airpatrol right, patrol the skyes over the area choosen.
I picked the enemy area just inside on the road by the coast. So no low sniffing attacks where non AA units can shoot at them. Intesive fire broke out from all the ground units, no enemy air present. Worst of was a me110 that 60% losses. How does the game handling this? All units on same altitude? or what. I guessing that these losses could be inflicted if my planes actually attacked the ground units. The AA units might shoot a plane or two down if lucky if they try to shoot at fast fighters flying at 2 - 3000 meters but unlikly. Then I tried to directly attack the ground forces and same effectiveness as shooting at the air patroll. I really want to handle my forces seriously, not C&C style "move and forget". Please advice.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: AA very effective agains airpatroll planes?

Post by GreenGoblin »

swedewolf wrote:I tried the Gazala scenario to really check out how the game handle different situations. First of was an airpatrol with some me110. The order is airpatrol right, patrol the skyes over the area choosen.
I picked the enemy area just inside on the road by the coast. So no low sniffing attacks where non AA units can shoot at them. Intesive fire broke out from all the ground units, no enemy air present. Worst of was a me110 that 60% losses. How does the game handling this? All units on same altitude? or what. I guessing that these losses could be inflicted if my planes actually attacked the ground units. The AA units might shoot a plane or two down if lucky if they try to shoot at fast fighters flying at 2 - 3000 meters but unlikly. Then I tried to directly attack the ground forces and same effectiveness as shooting at the air patroll. I really want to handle my forces seriously, not C&C style "move and forget". Please advice.
The planes will have attacked the ground units. You need to change the local ROE so they don't. That way they won't be shot down.
swedewolf
Major

Re: AA very effective agains airpatroll planes?

Post by swedewolf »

Ok, thanx. Hard to make the roe to work my way. Best possible solution is to have all manual but I cant be everywhere. Are there a way to have some units of my shoosing to be all manuall and rest for the AI to handle?

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”