Very Strange AI behavior

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Andreas
Corporal
Human: Yes

Very Strange AI behavior

Post by Andreas »

Hello,

playing as Germany, allied with Italy and Romania in 37. My AI Minister keeps sending my troops into the med close to the Albanian shores on merchant ships....

When sending these e.g. into Romania they do not move. they only move if i send them next to the shore and then disembark them... AI Pathfinding not working, or is it me?
Is it possible to prefent the AI to transport units by sea? Once there is war the royal navy will shreed my army while they try to go by ship into the mediteranien sea.... (dont know why they wont to go there in the first place...)

Btw. Japan is still loosing vs China.
Lossidian
Sergeant

Re: Very Strange AI behavior

Post by Lossidian »

The Japan v China part is normal. There's like a 10-20% chance of China winning.
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

Japan does better when they start with units, but if you start the game without units they almost always loose because they only start with 3 land fabrication units. One of which is on Formosa (Taiwan).
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

I am not sure if Japan is just weak, or if they have no will to cross water. Whatever the case, Japan does nothing in this game besides launch a weak attack against China that is doomed to fail.
Turbo823
Sergeant

Post by Turbo823 »

stevehoos wrote:I am not sure if Japan is just weak, or if they have no will to cross water. Whatever the case, Japan does nothing in this game besides launch a weak attack against China that is doomed to fail.
In the 2 times I've played the Campaign, the Chinese drove Japan out of China. Periodically Japan would attack with 1 unit and invade China. The US did absolutely nothing in the Pacific or in Europe. The US just moved units back and forth in the domestic US.

The USSR seems to be a punching bag too and can't hold its own against a minor power, much less against Japan or Germany. They are pathetically weak.

My conclusion is that there needs to be serious balancing with these superpowers and some major tweaking with the amphibious AI. Right now, the game is a blowout for the Axis once France is steamrolled. The UK without the US can't achieve much in the west and the USSR seems to melt away in the east. Japan is challenged only by China. Good game but the lack of balancing leaves me feeling underwhelmed.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”