Do I need ...

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Do I need ...

Post by GreenGoblin »

Legend wrote:Just to clarify... our Steam setup has it that you only have to download the game through Steam. And, update it if you wish. You can play without an Internet connection and play offline.
- Daxon
I can confirm this is true. I have several copies of the game folder on my PC with different mods installed on each one. Steam doesn't need to be involved to play the game. In fact, theoretically one could uninstall Steam once the game was installed and then only reinstall it to get patches (uninstalling afterwards). Plus there's no reason why you couldn't create a backup disc for your own personal use.

With regard to owning games though, I'm pretty sure that according to the law you don't 'own' the software which comes in a box, simply you are a licence-holder. The only difference with a boxed version is the freedom which you have to break the conditions of the licence agreement. For example, you could give a public performance of SR. :wink:
Von Bismarck
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Do I need ...

Post by Von Bismarck »

For example, you could give a public performance of SR. :wink:
GreenGoblin might be good enough for public displays, most of us just play in private :wink: :wink:

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”