New patch, can't find patch notes.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

kettu
Sergeant
Human: Yes

New patch, can't find patch notes.

Post by kettu »

Hi there!

so new update 51 MB what's in it ?
goodgimp
Corporal

Re: New patch, can't find patch notes.

Post by goodgimp »

I can now Colonize or Liberate when I conquer someone.

Also, performance took a massively, ridiculously large jump up! Top speed was blazing for me.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

goodgimp wrote:Also, performance took a massively, ridiculously large jump up! Top speed was blazing for me.
Ummm, like to take credit for that, but we didn't do any performance fixes for this patch. Is this in a saved game, or new sandbox, or scenario/campaign that you're seeing this? We might have improved something in our new game caches that is resulting in a performance improvement. Or maybe this is a side-effect of another fix.
goodgimp
Corporal

Post by goodgimp »

George Geczy wrote:
goodgimp wrote:Also, performance took a massively, ridiculously large jump up! Top speed was blazing for me.
Ummm, like to take credit for that, but we didn't do any performance fixes for this patch. Is this in a saved game, or new sandbox, or scenario/campaign that you're seeing this? We might have improved something in our new game caches that is resulting in a performance improvement. Or maybe this is a side-effect of another fix.
New game, I'll go back to my previous one and see if I notice a difference there as well.
Indecisive
Warrant Officer

Post by Indecisive »

It's probably due to the inability of AI to perform naval invasions. Because of this, as soon as America gets pulled into the war it starts producing more and more units -- but because it can't actually bring them to the fight via naval invasion, they don't get destroyed, so it just accumulates more and more, slowing down game performance exponentially. I think it's for that reason more than others that longer/older games suffer from the slowdown.
Routing garrisons can be frustrating, but in a good way. Like trying to open a carton of ready-made custard for your rhubarb crumble, knowing that the rewards will be all the sweeter for the effort.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Indecisive wrote:It's probably due to the inability of AI to perform naval invasions...
This statement is false. The AI is capable of Naval Invasions. We've seen China amphibiously land in Brazil before.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

It's also quite common to see the UK launch naval invasions into Europe, both north and also south in the Mediterranean coasts of Vichy France or Italy. One problem is that they tend to do it earlier and more aggressively than historical...

As noted in the FAQ, the AI presently usually plays the USA in an isolationist / non-interventionist manner, which is why the US does not directly launch invasions such as the Pacific island-hopping. At times the US and Japan will get entangled over the Philippines, this seems to often play out differently in the long sandbox games. Making the USA more aggressive is something we will look at for future content updates; right now they provide a lot of material support to the UK and other allies, but they do not aggressively use their troops.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

George Geczy wrote:It's also quite common to see the UK launch naval invasions into Europe, both north and also south in the Mediterranean coasts of Vichy France or Italy. One problem is that they tend to do it earlier and more aggressively than historical...

As noted in the FAQ, the AI presently usually plays the USA in an isolationist / non-interventionist manner, which is why the US does not directly launch invasions such as the Pacific island-hopping. At times the US and Japan will get entangled over the Philippines, this seems to often play out differently in the long sandbox games. Making the USA more aggressive is something we will look at for future content updates; right now they provide a lot of material support to the UK and other allies, but they do not aggressively use their troops.
Which is understandable considering they only have 2 real settings.. Keep troops at home or send them to the 4 corners of the earth in everyone elses territory and tool around for no reason. :lol: A slight exaggeration but I imagine this is to prevent the CW issue where they send troops everywhere and sit around sucking up all their allies supplies etc. And that in the future you'll be improving this area of the AI.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

I really hope something can be done about the island hoping problem. Japan does nothing in this game, for them to be isolationists imbues no Pacific theater at all.
Rhaycen
Major

Post by Rhaycen »

I was playing a game as Austria, and managed to conquer most of the nations formerly part of the Austro-Hungarian empire. But as I conquered Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and Hungary I noticed that I never got the annex/liberate/colonize option ... but I figured that this was just a side effect of the pace in which I grabbed these nations and maybe of playing Austria.

But automatically annexing Mexico was a but annoying as I really just wanted to Liberate or Colonize Mexico ...

I'm not sure this is cause because I'm playing Austria, a nation that usually just gets annexed by Germany by events or if there is something bigger going on.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Rhaycen it's a bug. It is not fixed in the latest update. You will now have a choice.
stevehoos
Lieutenant

Post by stevehoos »

I play a lot with Australia, been doing that since the game was available. Japan has actually attacked me only once; they landed a meager force on my east coast which I wiped out easily. This happened a few months back when the beta was launched, I have never had Japan attack me again.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”