Is UN subsidy rate working in-game?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Indecisive
Warrant Officer

Is UN subsidy rate working in-game?

Post by Indecisive »

I've been trying to run some tests to figure out game mechanics, and today tried working with UN subsidies. However, when using the game engine trainer to force set my subsidy rate at anywhere between 0 and 75%, the prices of goods remained roughly the same each day. Furthermore, there was no significant difference when comparing import versus export prices, which seems to negate the theory that UN subsidy applies to imports from the world market.

Of course, this could simply be a bug due to using a trainer to tamper with the game engine for my testing, so I'd like to get some input from other players to confirm/deny my findings. Has anyone had any experience with significant changes in subsidy rate in a short period, and compared the before/after effects? Or can confirm that export and import prices are both at market price?
Routing garrisons can be frustrating, but in a good way. Like trying to open a carton of ready-made custard for your rhubarb crumble, knowing that the rewards will be all the sweeter for the effort.
Lossidian
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Is UN subsidy rate working in-game?

Post by Lossidian »

I'm actually playing as Brazil with the objective of controlling South America and limiting any opportunity for Allies or Axis to have a presence in the west. After declaring war and conquering Paraguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, and now declaring war on British Guiana, I have a total of 4.7% market subsidy rating, my trade profit remains the same holding a powerful establishment over the rubber and oil industries in the world and keeping my economy strong.
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: Is UN subsidy rate working in-game?

Post by GIJoe597 »

not sure about 1936 yet, but in 2020 the UN subsidy is a % of resources you will get from un for free if you need it. Example, you are a small African country and lack one or more of the required resources.. if you have good standing with the UN they will offer you trade deals for zero dollars for 90 days at a time. The better/higher your subsidy rating the more they offer you. (in previous titles).

If you are self sufficient you will never see these deals..

Might it work like that in 36 also?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”