Too few Tech explanations...

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ozi
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Too few Tech explanations...

Post by Ozi »

Most of the Techs have some Kind of "historic Explanation/ Background". Yet most (not all) techs lack a desciption of their effects...

For example you should see which new unit model yo uwill get with that tech.
Another example: i was always wondering what the tech "Flak Towers" will give you...
vahadar
Colonel

Re: Too few Tech explanations...

Post by vahadar »

When researching a tech you can see which unit it unlocks specificly, for this open the tech tree and browse it (double click techs), you see on the right panel a "lead to design" window with units unlocked (for your region group)

Generally, next to the tech you have a tank icon for those that unlocks units or facility, double click it to see what it gives you exactly
but it doesnt mean it will unlock units for your nation specificly, it is a worlwide global marker, so it might unlock units for others region group but not for you.

edit : anyway i think that this icon is an artefact from previous games because actually some techs without this icon can also unlock units (most non tradable techs have units unlocked but dont have the tank icon for exemple)
BG should correct this tank icon marker to match proper technologies that unlock units

And flak towers tech dont give anything, no bonus, no unit, no facility :)
Ozi
Lieutenant

Re: Too few Tech explanations...

Post by Ozi »

vahadar wrote: And flak towers tech dont give anything, no bonus, no unit, no facility :)

Thats why i asked to add a desciption of the effects. Too sad there are techs, that dont seem to have ANY effect, like the flak Towers. Another sign of a rushed release, so disappointed :( But thats for another Topic...

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”