Febr -42 Germany closing to Moscow

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

Febr -42 Germany closing to Moscow

Post by swedewolf »

Still winter but that doesnt seams to bother the Germans. Well maybee the AI doing some good any way I think. So I slow the game down to inspect how the Germans are doing. Well the russians dont have any troops in and around Moscow, minus points for the defensive AI to not defend the capital with more than the garrison. Ok, how about the Germans then. They are in good order, Pz IIc and Pz IV units combined with motorized infantry and some pioneers and artillery. and one elit guard Rumanian all aproching from the south of Moscow. Plus for that but then a big minus for the way the AI attack. Do they use the arty to bombard with? Nooooo, they use in the front, going in first? Towed arty going first, no no no , big minus. sorry if take the mickey out of this but I did have so high hopes. sorry.
Ok to be fair, some arty do bombard but the towed arty that attacked on its own died soon after.
Pit
Corporal

Re: Febr -42 Germany closing to Moscow

Post by Pit »

Develope AI, develope AI and develope AI. ;-) BG consider make AI modable that will help developing AI. Look Black ICE Mod Hoi 3.

-Pit
Ozi
Lieutenant

Post by Ozi »

well, the AI in all SR games only does one Thing: send every unit to the front to fight... it doesnt differ between unit classes nor Analyse the defense vs attack strength...
i plpayed a lot SR in the last few days (trying out all SR Versions) and one conclusion is sure to be made: theres not a real AI in any of the SR games...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ozi wrote:well, the AI in all SR games only does one Thing: send every unit to the front to fight... it doesnt differ between unit classes nor Analyse the defense vs attack strength...
This statement is entirely false. The AI will send transport planes to resupply. It will send units to wrap around forces and cut them from supply. It will deploy artillery to support combat troops. Those are just some examples.

We welcome criticism and suggestions based on the actual condition of the game.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pit
Corporal

Post by Pit »

[_]O

AI is already good for a game in that scale, the AI is able to kill your country, but surely needs improvments and further development to make it realy cool, main priority. So statement is realy nonsense, keep up the good work no one else has a game like this.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It does need improvement. We are committed to improving it and providing other additional features and content.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

good to hear, I havent given up on the game yet |O
:wink:
goodgimp
Corporal

Post by goodgimp »

Ozi wrote:well, the AI in all SR games only does one Thing: send every unit to the front to fight... it doesnt differ between unit classes nor Analyse the defense vs attack strength...
i plpayed a lot SR in the last few days (trying out all SR Versions) and one conclusion is sure to be made: theres not a real AI in any of the SR games...
I really hate the ridiculous levels of hyperbole on internet forums. You can air complaints and criticism about something without devolving into pure silliness. If you're a little more concrete and on target with specific issues, perhaps the developers can address it in the future.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”