BGForums

BattleGoat Studios
It is currently Nov 18 2017

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: May 20 2014 
Major

Human: Yes
Dec 1941 Germany Italy and Japan has declared war against my USA. But UK still dont want an Alliance. WAD?

Major

Probably the rejection was because of all minor axis that are at war with UK hadent dowed yet. As I guess USA cant dow on any country as an alliance with UK will result in. Now all had dowed so the alliance between UK and USA is a fact, Was a little suprised to see the diplo hard coded(my guess) in the sanbox game. To be frank I kind of guessed that already from the start as Germany hated US already in -36. As in real life the countries got goos(semi good) relations. Many industrialists like Henry Ford helped Germany alot in early and mid 30th.

Major

A question thou. I thought now when I (USA) and UK is allied I could see a list on UK´s Militairy units in the diplo window. But its still unknown. Ho to get that info? Spying on my ally?

PostPosted: May 21 2014 
General

What you are seeing are designs you can purchase from the UK.

The USA is hard-coded to not be able to make alliances until it is at war. Once Dec 1941 rolls around, you can make alliances with everyone if you haven't been aggressive.

However, if you've attacked anyone, it will change how countries get along with you. To build up good relations, buy techs from countries, and have a lot of trade agreements.

PostPosted: May 22 2014 
Major

Aragos wrote:
What you are seeing are designs you can purchase from the UK.

The USA is hard-coded to not be able to make alliances until it is at war. Once Dec 1941 rolls around, you can make alliances with everyone if you haven't been aggressive.

However, if you've attacked anyone, it will change how countries get along with you. To build up good relations, buy techs from countries, and have a lot of trade agreements.

That i know but I adressing the last window where I, if any is in the list ask for obsolete or other type of units on the map or in reserve. Whats the mechanic for this?

General

Yeah, it is called "Selective Unit Trade." There are extensive threads about it.

Bottom line, you can't buy from AI countries unless they are selling on the open market and offer units to you.

Major

Oh, ok. thanx

PostPosted: Nov 20 2014 
Warrant Officer

Funny you should say that as i have similar issue but other way around it takes a while for me as UK to get alliance with USA but i put that down to the spears the 2 nations are in eg US always seems to stay neutral where as UK is in Allies spear in the last game i got to 1951 before game ground to a holt due to China's military expansion and US was still non allied to anyone.