What is the role of governments in exile?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Indecisive
Warrant Officer

What is the role of governments in exile?

Post by Indecisive »

So I'm sure by this point we've all seen Partisans manage to take at least a few hexes of land from Germany/Japan. Clicking on these and attempting diplomacy brings you to a government-in-exile window. However, I've noticed that it both changes the government type to "exiled" and maintains the skull-and-crossbones icons over the national flag (symbolizing this is a dead nation).

So what affects does being an exiled government have on what these nations can/cannot do? Do they lose their "dead" and exiled status once they capture enough land, or is exile permanent?
Routing garrisons can be frustrating, but in a good way. Like trying to open a carton of ready-made custard for your rhubarb crumble, knowing that the rewards will be all the sweeter for the effort.
Rhaycen
Major
Human: Yes

Re: What is the role of governments in exile?

Post by Rhaycen »

I'm not 100% sure, because they broke the liberate function. But I think when you liberate a territory of a government in exile you can basically resurrect the nation. (Something that was impossible previously).
Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: What is the role of governments in exile?

Post by Cdiplayer »

I think that eventually they will implement some sort of feature to allow you to resurrect countries with exiled governments.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”