3 things to add and fix, unemployment, reserve personel,ju52

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Pit
Corporal
Human: Yes

3 things to add and fix, unemployment, reserve personel,ju52

Post by Pit »

Hi, first of all nice to see that SR1936 works mutch more better then previous titels, nice to see the development advanced the game series. Keep on, SR is on a good way to become a real cool world simulator.

Points i found so far, i suggest:

1. Build in a tech where you can research more workforce technology, like gives you a university building to build on map, if buliding is finished you will get 500.000 workforce, someting like this.

2. Build in a tech where you can research more reserve military personel, its raising to low also with military spending full up and with minister on increase reserve personel i get with germany only 2 per day, so let research a building like military academy, when build on map it will give you 200.000 reserve personel, something like this.

3. Fix the Ju 52 caro capacity, the Ju 52 was mainly used by germany to drop paras and air supply, cargo cap is now to low to load a normal para unit. That sucks. Ju 52 was cheap and good.

4. Surely main priority advance the naval, air and land ai, will make the game real good. Also old problem, AI is building and advancing its economy to low, keep advancing it.

-Pit
czert
Captain

Re: 3 things to add and fix, unemployment, reserve personel,

Post by czert »

1. can you explain me how building university create workforce for you from "thin air" ? well it should make your workforce more educated = more productive, but thats all.

2. agree we need some tech/policy to increase reserve/active military - like ability to use womans in military, employing of under 18/captured enemy in support roles..etc.
but again, how building military academy build reserve personel from "thin air" - but i can imagine it increase rate at which reserve personel grow
and/ot increase experience/allow adition/special training for units

3. yes, ju-52 was used for paradrops...but that all. it have realy low tranport capacity, was very awfull to make paradrop from this plane (dc-3 was much better suited for paradrops).
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
Pit
Corporal

Post by Pit »

Yes university will educate dump people to educated workers, so you got more educated workers for your country and that meens you can fill more jobs that the dump guys cant take, and other dump workers can fill the lower ranks than :-) , so it will increase your workforce. ;-)

Educating workers will grow your workforce, thats the idear. Dosent meens that they will get a job, but you have more qualified personel available, so more workforce available.

And Ju 52 its a must, i dont want to use the DC 3 in germany. ;-) Germany got a lot Ju 52 to paradrop and supply, cargo cap should be increased at least to the size a para unit is.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The Ju-52 currently is set as having a 2t cargo capacity, which is based on the research we did;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ju-52

If the suggestion is to give it a historically inaccurate capacity I'd object to that. I have split my para troops to move them around or even split and merged the aircraft to "overstrength" them, which is a game feature that could use more details and an easier way to do the task, but that's a separate topic from the stats of this aircraft.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Balthagor wrote:or even split and merged the aircraft to "overstrength" them
I dont understand you here :) if i got it right you can split thenmerge an aircraft unit and it will give it a bigger cargo capacity? (like if it was 2 unit in one?). I thought merging was working only on splited units or i'm wrong?
Athene
Lieutenant

Post by Athene »

vahadar wrote:
Balthagor wrote:or even split and merged the aircraft to "overstrength" them
I dont understand you here :) if i got it right you can split thenmerge an aircraft unit and it will give it a bigger cargo capacity? (like if it was 2 unit in one?). I thought merging was working only on splited units or i'm wrong?
You can merge a split unit with a full strength unit, but not 2 full strength units together.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

that is correct, you can get up to 150% strength.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

Pit wrote:Yes university will educate dump people to educated workers, so you got more educated workers for your country and that meens you can fill more jobs that the dump guys cant take, and other dump workers can fill the lower ranks than :-) , so it will increase your workforce. ;-)

Educating workers will grow your workforce, thats the idear. Dosent meens that they will get a job, but you have more qualified personel available, so more workforce available.

And Ju 52 its a must, i dont want to use the DC 3 in germany. ;-) Germany got a lot Ju 52 to paradrop and supply, cargo cap should be increased at least to the size a para unit is.
i think you get it wrong - say you have 3m basic education and 500k high/univerzity. If you build univerzity and change this ration to say 2,5m basic and 1m high/univerzity, then well these 500k extras can go to car factory to produce more cars/tank instead of farming, but hey - you got increased car output, but what about farming ? you will get decreased output here, since no one work here, unles thier jobs are taken by imigrants.
And i think that "added value" of worker - caused by education etc - is refklected in gpd meter.
You want more workforce - well spend a lot of money of family subsidy/social programs and enjoy bigger pop grow rate :) = more work force over time.
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
Pit
Corporal

Post by Pit »

You dont get it, training more workers will grant you more workforce beside the normal grow. Surely negative effect if you dont need workers badly it will raise your unemplyment. Thats it, will improve the game and make you able to have enouth workforce fast when investing. ;-) University also draws ppl and good workfoce to come from other countrys to you and raise your workforce.

-Pit

Balthagor, Ju 52 has in game gargo cap of 24 not 2 (or you count it another way planes * cargo) , a fallschirmjäger unit has weigth 54, then build in the other ju52 versions with more cargo cap maybe... like ju52/m3

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/pmodels/ju52.html

But i dont know if the other versions had mor gargo cap... otherwise reduce the fallschirmjäger maybe to 24 weight. The ju 52 was more used than the ju 86, maybe find a way to simulate this, make the ju86 expensive or so.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Pit wrote:...Ju 52 has in game gargo cap of 24 not 2...
That is because it is 12 planes at 2t each.

I will look at the other version and consider it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pit
Corporal

Post by Pit »

Cool. ;-) Also maybe you can add more planes to the unit so it gets weight 54 to carry paras. Makes sense, transports cheaper to produce so you can make more transport planes into a unit than bombers.
Lossidian
Sergeant

Post by Lossidian »

A university has a chance to increase immigration I believe is what your saying, but this does not have a direct or even indirect affect on work force in the real world, and definitely shouldn't in game. I agree 100% that we need to do SOMETHING about the unemployment in the game, but unrealistic measures aren't the way to go. Let me explain;

In my grand ole state of New Hampshire, we have among the most recommended colleges and universities across the states (competing with New York and Massachusetts for top), however our immigration / emigration show no severe difference from another state / country equal to our size, which is relatively small, that is caused by the universities. In fact, when the colleges have an unsuccessful recruiting year the state suffers significantly, economically and financially. I will however recognize what your pointing out, but in the game's mechanics 500,000 homeless bums on the road count just as much towards unemployment as 500,000 rocket scientists. A college / university would bring only a short term increase in immigration, but suffer a long term increase in emigration, which would drive your workforce even lower.
Pit
Corporal

Post by Pit »

No look germany now, we dont have enouth quailfied workers currently, so the governorment launchs programs to raise the workforce, they training more ppl and increase the wages and build more schools and increase university capacity to get more workers. Or they let them in like the turkisch ppl to work here.

So universitys in game may be ok, or a tech that can be re-researched to add more workfore like "Nation starts workforce program" or increase wages, i meen cash the workers will get, or education spending should raise workforce hard. So there are many possibilities.

More qualified workers = more jobs can be filled = more workforce available.
Lossidian
Sergeant

Post by Lossidian »

But you're not understanding what we're saying. Germany is training people to work, yes, but those people already exist in the unemployment pool of your country. You're just changing them from idiot workers to educated workers, which has no effect in game. Letting the Turks come to your country is again, an immigration thing, and don't get me wrong if your country has a good education system there's a chance that there's a higher likelihood of them not emigrating once they're done with college, but that's already an in game feature. In diplomacy you can allow free flow of workforce, which is what you're talking about.

We're all agreeing with you, to a point, but the way you're talking about implementing it is ludicrous, and would call for imaginary people to appear out of no where.

Then the workforce program idea... Well that's actually a policy, and while I would love to see national policies implemented in-game, BG has a many of currently existing flaws to build new ones, fixing the AI's on all accounts would have to be done before you could consider things like that to exist.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Lossidian wrote: You're just changing them from idiot workers to educated workers, which has no effect in game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”