3 things to add and fix, unemployment, reserve personel,ju52

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

czert
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: 3 things to add and fix, unemployment, reserve personel,

Post by czert »

Pit wrote:You dont get it, training more workers will grant you more workforce beside the normal grow... University also draws ppl and good workfoce to come from other countrys to you and raise your workforce.
But well, pls elaborate HOW exactly geting more educated worker increase your workforce ? even total idiot doing 4th grade work is still part of workforce. I can see your point from gameplay resons, but it is unrealistick from logical point.
And yes, you get forgein students on univerzity, but well how big number is that ? 2% of students ? and how do you deal with those who will decide to move to his country after he finish his studys ? or even better, your national studets which decide to leave country to another one ?
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
Pit
Corporal

Post by Pit »

Lossidian i understand your point ;-) was an idea, maybe i agree to you to letz say its not 100% realistic, but in real better education is realistic increasing your workforce, better education is increasing your workforce because more qualified workers can take jobs other cant, you cant use evry worker into high positions, meens in endeffect that your workfore can fill more jobs when it has more qualified workers, you cant use a uneducated bar girl as a tank enginieer to develope new plans for tanks or as rocket scientist. ;-) So more universitys = more educated worker = more better jobs can be filled = you have more workforce for other jobs available. Other suggestion from me is as i said make an tech that can be reresearched like "Nation starts workforce program, that will get free workers from all over the world to come to your nation or will raise loans/cash workers get for there work and the program will search for workers and get them with attractive offers (More cash and other benefits) to the workforce or the tech can change the age ppl will stop to work, so more workforce bcause they work longer. There will be a way.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Pit...my house is a indipendent nation.
me, my father, my mother, my brother =4 people
the workforce is 4
none of us went to uiversity....always workforce is 4
my brother go to university.....same always workforce is 4

a better education can increas goods output or keep down the cost of production.
Con forza ed ardimento
Pit
Corporal

Post by Pit »

No that will meen that all of your population will be workforce. ;-) Thats not the fact in game. Your workforce is lower than all of your population and now dont say girls dont work. ;-) Ok you forgot the children in your house. ;-)

Workforce displays only ppl from 18 to 64 years in your population, like this and not ill ppl and only ppl avaiable to work AND also how mutch educated ppl you got not all of your population in your house. So it also displays how many trained worker you have, train more workers and you have more workforce. More educated workers = more qualified jobs can be filled, as said.

Thats why they increase in nations the age when ppl alowed to retire, so more workforce is longer available = more workers. More educated worker available also = more workforce because jobs can be filled that you will not be able to fill with your normal workforce. I understand that u meen educating will not increase your population thats right but it will increase your workforce. Then they will take studens and others for free jobs in the bar not the rocket designers. ;-)

Other thing is the suggested tech "Nation starts workforce program" will increase the workfoce by better loans, so ppl that to lazy or dont work will join the workforce, age to retire will be extended, meens your workforce is increasing. As said there are surly some ways, post your sugesstions here...
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

infact I don't told u about my granpha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

but I quote 100% Lossidian
Lossidian wrote:But you're not understanding what we're saying. Germany is training people to work, yes, but those people already exist in the unemployment pool of your country. You're just changing them from idiot workers to educated workers, which has no effect in game. Letting the Turks come to your country is again, an immigration thing, and don't get me wrong if your country has a good education system there's a chance that there's a higher likelihood of them not emigrating once they're done with college, but that's already an in game feature. In diplomacy you can allow free flow of workforce, which is what you're talking about.

We're all agreeing with you, to a point, but the way you're talking about implementing it is ludicrous, and would call for imaginary people to appear out of no where.

Then the workforce program idea... Well that's actually a policy, and while I would love to see national policies implemented in-game, BG has a many of currently existing flaws to build new ones, fixing the AI's on all accounts would have to be done before you could consider things like that to exist.
Con forza ed ardimento
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, there were two Ju-52s in game, I've updated the second one to be the 3m g7e with a slightly higher transport cap for the next update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”