How to auto reject trade offer.

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

swedewolf
Major
Human: Yes

How to auto reject trade offer.

Post by swedewolf »

As US in mid -40 the Axis ask frequently about me selling oil to them, it would be nice to auto reject their plees. How to do? Or can this extra button be implemenet in future saves?
swedewolf
Major

Re: How to auto reject trade offer.

Post by swedewolf »

I checked the Axis about any trade deals that I allready got and found out that I got 3 petroleum traties to the Italans. Marked the lowest row of trade and choose to remove it, the embassy was closed instead, I tried to open it again as our relation is on green but no dice. WAD or bug? I ofcource stopped the oil transfers as closing the embassy seamed to remove my oil trades.
How do I stop trades that I dont like?
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

You go in to the diplomatic screen with them and then there are 3 options. Auto accept offers, auto refuse economic offers and auto refuse military offers. Just check auto refuse economic offers
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

ZEvans96 wrote:You go in to the diplomatic screen with them and then there are 3 options. Auto accept offers, auto refuse economic offers and auto refuse military offers. Just check auto refuse economic offers
So easy? Thanx for you reply.
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Still not sure how to stop an ongoing trade without accidently close embassy in a specific country. Any advice on that?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

swedewolf wrote:Still not sure how to stop an ongoing trade without accidently close embassy in a specific country. Any advice on that?
The initial question was rejecting trade offers, not stopping ongoing trades.

There is no option to stop an ongoing trade that you have agreed too. If you want to back out of agreements, you must cancel all. If you had a button to cancel one, the AI would retaliate by cancelling all anyway.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
swedewolf
Major

Post by swedewolf »

Ok clear. Thanx.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

This idea could be an improvement about trade offers UI :

I noticed that generally AI is spamming you with trade request if you build yourself a stock of commodities world market wants, for exemple oil or consumer goods (the first one being strategic during war).

At some point in the game i have an average 2-3 mails each day, even more sometime, about trade request for those specific stocked goods, which is annoying. This makes other commodities trade mails with the same countries a bit lost among this spamming :)

I tried unticking in State > Cabinet > Custom priorities > Trade relation, that i activated at the beginning of my games, but nothing change. And i dont want to select "auto refuse economic offers" because i could still receive other interesting trade offer from those countries.

So why not having on the Resources menu, for each commodities, an icon to make AI understand we dont want to trade this good? By default it will be trade offers open, activating it for one specific good will prevent receiving any trade request message for this good.

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”