GamersGate

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Pax25
Colonel
Human: Yes

GamersGate

Post by Pax25 »

Will SR 1936 be available on GamersGate, or is it Steam only? Thanks.
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: GamersGate

Post by Balthagor »

It will be available on GamersGate, we have already been working on the required elements.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Pax25
Colonel

Post by Pax25 »

Thanks. Any idea when?
"In any good multiplayer wargame, the only 'house rule' that should be needed, is that there are no rules." -Pax25
GameRanger # 406426
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nope.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hakuren
Warrant Officer

Post by Hakuren »

It is now on GG, but it is still bound to Steam parasite.

Waiting for Steam free version because I will immolate myself before I'll be forced to use Steam.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

It's DRM-free, so...
right-click SR1936 and choose properties, pick local files and choose browse local files double click the sr1936 exe file, voila. Now shutdown the "Parasite", if you are smart you will make a shortcut to say your desktop from where you can run it without steam...
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

Hakuren wrote:Waiting for Steam free version because I will immolate myself before I'll be forced to use Steam.
Ewwww, we wouldn't want that. However, for now we're using Steam as the delivery platform because it allows us to push out updates and patches much easier than any other method. We now offer two "off-steam" ways to buy (the Humble Store Widget on our website, and GamersGate), though Steam (and a steam account) are required as the download method. Though once downloaded, as Hullu mentioned, you can set steam to offline mode or even avoid steam entirely with a desktop shortcut.

-- George.
Hakuren
Warrant Officer

Post by Hakuren »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:It's DRM-free, so...
right-click SR1936 and choose properties, pick local files and choose browse local files double click the sr1936 exe file, voila. Now shutdown the "Parasite", if you are smart you will make a shortcut to say your desktop from where you can run it without steam...
Interesting definition of DRM-free...

Have to buy from store, then I have to install 3rd party software to install it on PC, must use 3rd party software for all upgrades and finally I can't install game where I want. I do not permit any software on my PCs/servers which do what it wants, not what I want. Even Microsoft or TecDoc aren't that intrusive. $team is designed for [anti]social-network generation. I wouldn't have problems with Steam if it worked like e.g. Impulse Driven/GameStop*. Install, activate. End of story. No soft in the background, no forced decision making, no workarounds for "DRM-free software".

Tried twice learn to tolerate Steam rubbish. There won't be a 3rd time.

---

Expected that Battlegoat will pick the easy way, but kept microscopic hope that it will be done properly. So... unless something changes in the near future SR ended on ColdWar. Absolutely GUTTED. :-(

* - now pretty useless for people living outside US, but it was best place to shop.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

I'm really regretting getting the Steam early access, would much prefer a gamers gate download.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

PyongYang wrote:I'm really regretting getting the Steam early access, would much prefer a gamers gate download.
It's still steam version...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

number47 wrote:
PyongYang wrote:I'm really regretting getting the Steam early access, would much prefer a gamers gate download.
It's still steam version...
Pah, I wish they'd stop doing that!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

BG still hasn't given up on the non-steam version but it will be some time before that version appears if it indeed appears...
I don't mind Steam but my wallet disagrees with me :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”